callContextBpmData scope

Hi, I have a question about callContextBpmData variables used in BPMs, especially their scope.

Let’s say I have a user generating twice the same BPM (that stores data in callContextBpmData.Character01), will both BPM instances compete for what is stored in the variable?

I was always under the impression that they would not (thinking callContextBpmData variables are instance specific and live until the instance is done), but I recently experienced a behavior indicating otherwise: two different Data Directives (two different tables) that seem to be competing for callContextBpmData.Number03 where im storing data in. Was I dreaming?

If you can please clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

CallContextData scope is unique to the screen you are in. However if the same Server Call from the same screen runs 2 different directives that compete for the same field then you will get an overlap… no way around that.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Jose,

However, im not sure im following when you say “screen” as to my knowledge, BPMs arent screen (client) dependent. Can you please clarify?

Also, my initial post was referring to the same user firing twice the same BPM. What about I have two different users (two distinct sessions) firing the same BPM at same time from same screen, will both compete for the callContextBpmData variables (overlap risk)?

thanks,

Two different sessions will not have an issue, Issue arises on 1 user from 1 screen (UI) invoking 2 different BPMs from the same place.

Thanks for the clarifications Jose. Now I feel better :sweat_smile: