Browser opens a Classic program

I just had a new experience.

Working in the browser, opened Directive Export to export a BPM I’d written. It opened up in the Classic screen… something I had never seen before.

I do have the Smart Client installed, but am running as much directly from the browser as I can.

Welcome to Browser First. Not super fast on my machine I must say.

1 Like

I just spoke with EpicCare yesterday and they mentioned that if a page doesn’t have a Kinetic version, it will open in the classic screen. It only does that if you have the Kinetic Edge Agent installed. I just tried opening Directive Export and it prompted me to install Edge Agent, which I have never had to use. Let me know if that clarifies anything for you.

2 Likes

Yes, I have the Edge Agent installed, and that makes sense. The browser isn’t supposed to be running external programs locally (think of the security risk), so it’s the Edge Agent doing the heavy lifting.

This is new since a few versions ago when I’d just get an error message saying, “Not Available in the Browser” or some such.

@Ernie here’s a rabbit hole around that topic for you, lol.

New “feature” in 2023.2 - Kinetic 202X - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

That is the same exact flow chart they gave me yesterday.

Here’s the updated one:

Rabbit Hole GIF by SYFY

I can peer inside from the edge… don’t have to jump in.

**From the edge agent. :wink:

mayhaps I should have said, “from the precipice

I remember that now…
TL;DR

You’re just an Edge Browser then?

Been trying to get the Edge Agent to work for a couple weeks. Not going well. We are on a RDS environment running 2 Hosts. Involving our Data provider ( no not internet… ) into it. They run the servers and security and such for us. We are Cloud customers. I can get it to work on a stand alone PC but cant seem to get it to go on a RDS environment.