BPM to trigger at specific dates

I recently built a dashboard to assist our logistics manager with tracking demo scale operations. This dashboard includes several key dates that are important to various business units. I would like to develop a BPM that triggers on these dates and sends emails to relevant managers. What is the best approach to achieve this? An Epicor Function ? Schedule a BAQ report to run daily and get a BPM to trigger off of this report ?

If you have APR a BAQ Report (or RDD BAQ Report) that runs daily can look at the dates and send an email. Seems to make the most sense.

I have used a scheduled uBAQ for this, but if I was doing one now I would use a scheduled function that ran daily to check if today is the day and then send the needed email.

Do you recommend any good materials or resources for learning about functions? I know close to nothing about them but more than willing to learn

What exact version are you on? You version just says 10 which leaves a lot to guesswork. Functions got better with time.

The F1 or built in help has details on building functions and I am looking for a function library I downloaded from here that I started using a while back that will get you jump started.

Kinetic 2023.2.11

Ok, so SaaS makes you current so your version is 23.2.11, but that also makes smtp email harder than I have to deal with OnPrem.

F1 help search for function and you will find examples of building all of the things functions need. I think always using Add Widget Function with Code is best since you can do all widgets or all code as needed.

https://www.epiusers.help/t/lets-share-useful-functions-sharing-is-caring/100371

2 Likes