BPM to send an email when a new entry appears in a dashboard

Hi all, I’m attempting to figure out if a BPM I’m hoping to do is possible. I have a dashboard that shows all parts that are purchased or manufactured, and do not have costs specified (StdMtlCost, StdLabourCost etc) so production can use this for cost rollups. The dashboard includes the part no, type (“P”, “M”), whether it has a BOM, and the costs (all zeroes). Users would like to be notified if any new parts appear in the list. I am very inexperienced with BPMs - is this something that is possible? The only BPM I have done in the past was via Data Directives and for that you have to specify a table, whereas this is a dashboard… Any suggestions much appreciated!

I think you would be better off including some type of relevant date field, and having the dashboard sorted and possibly highlighting based off a date threshold of some type.

Could you do a similar data directive on the Part Table, and then include the same criteria as your dashboard?

So it would look like:

Start → Condition1

Condition 1: The StdMtlCost of the Added Row is equal to 0 AND the StdLabourCost of the Added Row is equal to 0

if Condition1 is true → Send Email

We have the same type of dashboard and the email would come from the baq running. If I was doing this I would check the CreatedOn date and allow X days before I sent an alert so the bom had time to get created, etc and then use the UserDatexx fields if they were not in use to record that I sent an email so you could wait to send another.

The notification baq would be updatable and the bpm would be post processing on GetList.

Once it is tested you could schedule the baq.

I have a sample of C# doing the email, but if you are not comfortable with coding then you can do this in an email widget also, but you need to update the part to show the email was sent unless you will send them each day until they get it fixed.