BPM Row has been modified

I created a Data Directive BPM that points to a function to update/populate an ud field in orderhed. However, after it updates the ud field, the end user does anything else besides hit refresh it throughs the error row has been modified by a another user.

In the function I am Invoking BO SalesOrder.GetByID–>UpdateTableByQuery–>Invoke BO SalesOder.MasterUpdate.

Search for entries with dsHolder.Attach(ds) in them. you either need to just do this or possibly also a getbyID to refill the dataset.

So this means I need to rewrite the the bpm in method instead of data, correct? I don’t see how to use dsHolder.Attach(ds) in a Function.

I have not done any functions yet, so I do not know how to refresh the dataset back to the client.

As a rule of thumb, you should really avoid data directives whenever you can anyways. Method directives lead to fewer problems. Not saying you can’t use data directives. But if you have a choice with little consequence, choose the method.

Yes, to avoid this issue, you will need to use a method directive instead of a data Directive.

I set it up as a pre-processing method on update. Works perfectly now.

Thank you!

1 Like