BPM help: display PartNum from QuoteDtl

This is a tale of two BPMs…. One on sales order, the other on quote. They do exactly the same thing: verify the type of customer (UD field) , verify the type of part (classID) and throw an error if the customer is not authorized for the part.

Post-processing directive works just fine on SalesOrder.ChangePartNumMaster.

The directive for the quote does not work. I have stepped through it (with messages at each step) and determined that it is not evaluating the classID.

So, starting at the most basic level, I tried to get a message box to display the part number from the line. That’s it. Still nothing.

Details

Post-Processing on Quote.ChangePartNumMaster

Two widgets: Start and Show Message:

Query field:

When I enter a part number on a quote line and tab out of the field, the message box pops up, but it is empty:

It seems like I am missing something very basic.

Is it possible that the dataset just doesn’t have that information filled in (can’t imagine why)?

A lot of times there is a parameter passed in addition to the dataset that contains the data that’s changing. Is there a PartNum parameter? Perhaps that has the part number in it.

How would I check that? A trace? I did a trace and it had the actual part number in it.

In your message box, right click and see if there is a parameter already defined in there for part number.

Thanks that was it! Now to plug the parameter into the comparison…

The solution to the real question is that the there is a method ChangePartNum after ChangePartNumMaster. The BPM must be run on the second one.

Thanks again @dr_dan for the info on parameter – helped me look at the trace more closely.