BPM for Selling Under Cost Price

Hi,

We’ve had a couple of instances where goods have been sent out at less than cost price when they shouldn’t have been.

I’ve been asked to set up a BPM to generate a warning message when a Sales Price is changed to a value less than the Cost Price.

I assumed I would need a Method Directive on Erp.SalesOrder.ChangeUnitPrice
with a simple condition. But it doesn’t seem to be that simple.

Can anyone give me some pointers, please?

I’ve done something similar using Data Directives. I added an In-Transaction directive on the OrderDtl table that basically looked at the order to see if the UnitPrice = 0. If the UnitPrice = 0 then a warning message pops up notifying the user that the unit price is 0.

Here’s what it looks like -

So the condition is on a query, and the query criteria is -

It may seem a little messy, but basically if the results of the query are UnitPrice = 0 (AND the PartNum is not one of the special parts) then the warning message will popup. -This will happen in OrderEntry, Customer Shipment Entry, anywhere the OrderDtl table is being used pretty much…

Now I know this isn’t exactly what you want/need but I’m hoping this can point you to the right direction, or maybe just give you an idea of what can be done. I’m pretty new to BPMs in general so I may not be the correct person to reply to this, but I’ll help any way I can.

EDIT - So looking at the way you want yours to be, I think one way to do it would be something like -

I haven’t tested it at all so it could be something else, but I don’t see why something like that wouldn’t work…

1 Like

Many thanks, Caleb. That certainly gives me the bones of what I need, and will work for now.

Some of our parts have a material burden on them or are manufactured, so now I just need to work out how to factor those costs in.

Thanks again,