BPM access table not in dataset

Business situation: we would like to implement logic in sales orders for minimum order quantities and multiples. The logic exists for purchase orders, but not for sales orders.

We have created two UD fields on the part table: MOQ and Multiple.

We have created a BPM that, when the part number on an order changes, displays a “true” message if the part has either an MOQ or a Multiple that is greater than 0. This is just to test the BPM logic as we go. We have used a variable for the PartNum rather than joining a tt table to an erp table.

We are stuck on the next step, which is to retrieve the MOQ and Multiple values from the part record, so that they can be compared to the order quantity.

I have tried (for far longer than I should have) to use the Simple one liner (C#) to retrieve data from a table and could not make it work. (I have no programming background.)

So… it seems that I should be able to create either two standalone variables or one tableset variable that contains the two values (and the part number). Based on the information in the Advanced BPM Course and in the ICE Tools user guide, I should be able to use Fill Table by Query to add the data to a “directive-level variable of Tableset type.”

When I tried to create a variable for this purpose, there was no option for a generic Tableset type. There is a DataSet type or there are two named TableSet types: SalesOrderTableset or BOUpdErrorTableSet.

I first created the variable as a DataSet Type, but it was not available when I went to select the target table for Fill Table by Query. When I tried with the variable as type SalesOrderTableset type, I could choose DataSet.OrderDtl table, but I could not see how to add the fields that I needed.

I am sure that this is a lot simpler than it appears to be… The BPM course shows how to update a UD table, but I do not want to do that.

Thanks.

I believe with functions you can create parameters in the signature that are standard table sets. I don’t know if this helps at all, but you can call functions from BPMs.

Normally, when I use the tableset variables, I let the BPM designer do the hard work. If you first use a GetByID, or GetDataForTree method, they will return a variable of the type you need. You just have to click in the widget properties and tell it to generate a new tableset variable for the in-out part of the widget.