Best Cloud file share solution for attachements

Hi All,

I’m looking for best practice/solution for cloud drive/file storage for E10 attachments.
Something secure and easy to configure for multi users with multiple security security access levels.
I appreciate any suggestions.

Many Thanks
Jarek

Hello Jarek,

There are a few ways you can go depending on your needs.

• DocStar can run in the cloud but I believe they currently use AWS. I’m not sure if they can or will do encryption at rest. It integrates with Epicor and you have really fine control over security by Document Type. The folder structure is set by Epicor and you have no control over that. You can include some metadata that exist on the table that you’re attaching to.
  • SharePoint Online is run on Azure of course. You MIGHT be able to get encryption at rest but I haven’t tried it. Epicor controls the folder structure. Security by Document Type would be trickier since all attachments go into one Document Library under one SP Content Type. Again, you can update some metadata that exists on the table that you’re attaching to.
  • Roll Your Own. One of the attachment types is a link, so any document that be set to an http reference should work. You would be responsible for maintaining your own metadata.

HTH,

Mark W.

I think another advantage with DocStar, over any other method, is the built in Widgets and support for grabbing attachments whether it be in APR, BPM, etc. That said, sure wish Epicor would do some of this for those with Sharepoint repositories - too much other functionality to ignore.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all info:)