Barcodes From Crystal Reports

I am looking into barcoding and I was hoping to make it populate data from the work order into MES. I’ve tried most everything I’ve seen on here and hoping someone may be able to help.

Running Crystal Report 2013 version 14.1.1.1036
Epicor 9.05.702A
Dataworks Code 39 font

My formula is

" + {LaborDtl.JobNum} + “$I” + cstr({LaborDtl.AssemblySeq},0) + “$I” + {cstr({LaborDtl.OprSeq},0) + "

My query is for 568482, 0, 50 for the fields, respectively.

when I scan the barcode the Job Num box in MES simply reads: 568482$I0$I50. It’s just printing out the TAB statements rather than executing them. Thoughts?

What model scanner do you have? Have you tried enabling Code 39 Full ASCII or Function Key Mapping on the scanner?

I typically start and end the bar code formula with an asterisk, but I
don’t think that will help you.

Brad

Try adding an asterisk to the leading and trailing ends

” +" + {LaborDtl.JobNum} + “$I” + cstr({LaborDtl.AssemblySeq},0) + “$I” + {cstr({LaborDtl.OprSeq},0) + "+”"

Symbol LS4208. Yes, I did scan the barcode to enable function key mapping.

As you may be able to tell. I did have asterisks in the beginning and end. It just appears they aren’t printing right on the forum.

Did you also try the Code 39 Full ASCII?

I finally found the barcode for it in the reference guide with no such luck. I’ve tried all combinations of Function Key Mapping, Enable Code 39 Full ASCII Conversion. I’m trying in Word, Notepad, and Epicor.

I got it! I was using the wrong barcode for Full ASCII!