Barcode Font Code 39 Deployment

We’re in the middle of implementation of Epicor and was told that I would need to install Code39 on all client PCs for barcoding. Anyone can shed some light on how we can mass deploy this out? I was thinking of doing this via GP, but none of my users can install anything. Just getting some ideas or if people had done this before and can shed some lights.

To the best of my knowledge (and anyone feel free to jump in and tell me differently!), if you’re installing E10 and using SSRS reports for your barcoding then you only have to install the font file on the SSRS server… but you also have to “install” the font into the Windows Font functionality (meaning copying the DWBAR39.TTF file into the Font folder, right-clicking it, and selecting Install Font… and then rebooting your server). If you are using Bartender to handle your barcoding, then you’ll need to install the font file on every PC that will be printing barcodes and also installing the Windows Font functionality on that PC as well.

Also to my knowledge, there isn’t an easy “mass” way to install fonts (if there is one at all).

@Ernie is correct. You only need to install the fonts on clients if you are using any older crystal reports with fonts.
This can be automated via GPO here is a good tutorial on that https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-deploy-font-file-via-gpo-group-policy-windows-server-poljic

But utilising SSRS just needs the font on the server that renders the report.

Hope that helps

3 Likes

Thank you for the prompt response. This will be both SSRS and bartender that will need barcoding. Will take a look at the GPO deployment since we have couple hundreds of PCs and Laptops across our enterprise.

Thanks @Edge!