Bar Code with Tab in SSRS Report

I created a barcode with a tab embeded in the code. I Used $I. If I read the barcode in Word or any other program the tab is working fine. When I scan in Epicor the tab is not doing is job it remains on the first line. What could be wrong.

=""& First(Fields!PartNum.Value, “RcvDtl”) & “$I” & “Test” & ""

You may need to enable on your Handheld Device / Scanner Code 39 Full Ascii (Extended). Another way to test if its enabled or not… see if it scans the # symbol.

Typically you just google your make/model and you will find a setup sheet where you can enable options by simply scanning the manufacturer provided barcodes.

The FULL ASCII version of Code 39 is a modification of the NORMAL (standard) version that can encode the complete 128 ASCII character set (including asterisks). The Full ASCII version is implemented by using the four characters: $/+%. as shift characters to change the meanings of the rest of the characters in the Normal Code 39 character set. Because the Full ASCII version uses shift characters in combination with other standard characters to represent data not in the Normal Code 39 character set, each non-standard character requires twice the width of a standard character in a printed symbol.

Note: Because all of the characters used to implement Full ASCII Code 39 are part of the Normal Code 39 character set, readers that do not support Full ASCII Code 39 will still read Full ASCII Code 39 symbols. The reader will output shifted characters as if they were normal Code 39 characters.

1 Like

Thanks I did all of that I have a program that read bar code and it’S showing my Data follow by TAB but Epicor don’T do the TAB action.

This one stands out.