BAQ Usage Log - Active Home Page

, ,

Hi

I have a BPM in place on DynamicQuery.Execute to log all BAQ usage - works great for Dashboards, BAQ Reports, BAQs used in C# customisations on screens etc.

Just realised today now that we’re using EDD, that the executions for EDD are NOT being logged into my table.

I did some tracing from the client, and even with Client and Server side tracing enabled nothing gets logged in the log file for refreshing EDD tiles/charts.

Anybody know if there is a method I can hang logging code on, or if you don’t know that answer any other way of tracing to try and find it myself?

Thanks so much,
Mark

Are any of you awesome people able to shed any light on this for me…?

@Rich
@josecgomez
@Bart_Elia

I don’t know much about EDD and how it functions, I believe it calls the queries via REST.
@bconner would know for sure me thinks.

Ah you’re right - forgot to tag Brian in the above list. Shot myself in the foot there, let’s hope he isn’t too offended by being missed off and still comes through with some info.! :slight_smile:

To activate REST traces in a server log:

1. Go to your server machine.
  2. Navigate to the Server folder for your Epicor application. For example,
    C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.2.400.0\Server.
  3. Open the AppServer.config file.
  4. Activate the server tracing and add the following flag:
    < add uri=“trace://ice/fw/restapi” />
    The server log will then contain information about REST call processing.
  5. You can also add the following trace call:
    < add uri=“trace://ice/fw/servicecaller” />
    This shows what service was loaded when a call started its run.

Is there an image missing from your post? Says “following tag”, but then doesn’t show it.

What I’m needing to do it find the relevant BPM Method against which to hang some trace logging. Logging it into the Server Log will be interesting because it might show the relevant method, but if not that I still want to know which method.

sorry updated now.