BAQ Report Timing Out

A bit of an odd one here. I have a BAQ that appears to work fine. I can run it wide open in BAQ designer and it executes in maybe 10 seconds. I have an SSRS report that I’ve been working on all day and it’s been working fine… but all of a sudden, as I am messing around with the filters and options, I am now getting an error that says:

BAQ execution returned errors:
Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
The wait operation timed out

Any idea what steps to take to troubleshoot? I looked at Event Viewer and viewed the error there. It basically says the same thing.

I set my baq timeout to 800 to get around this for one report.

2 Likes

I think my issue was that I was sending too much to SSRS and then trying to filter there… long story short, I corrected that and now it runs just fine. I was trying to show my filters on my report and I thought I had to do that with report options and then pull those values from RptParameters dataset but I later learned that the filter values are also passed into those RptParameters under a different field… so I was able to change those options to filters. So the moral of the story is, use Filters to filter (not options).

2 Likes

Our timeout was set at 0. Does that imply there is no timeout?

From what I read 0 falls back to the .NET timeout of 30 seconds.