BAQ from BPM without code

Has anyone attempted to call a BAQ from a BPM using just the UI tools (no C#)? We are a MT SaaS customer and cannot write C# code in BPMs. I have attempted to call the DynamicQuery BO Method but I don’t know how to parse the result (output is a generic DataSet). I believe I must need to build the dataset with a tableset prior to running the query but cannot determine how to do this.

Thanks,
Brad

What’s the end goal? There are already built in condition checks and such that let you run “baq” like statements.

I am attempting to summarize data on LaborDtl to intercept the total number of parts already produced and assess if the user is entering more than required. The Update Table and Fill Table tools available in the BPM do not allow for expressions in the fields or the aggregation of data and there is no means I can think of to iterate through a result set (like if I ran get rows on LaborDtl and tried to step through the rows to tally the data). So, I was thinking if I ran a BAQ it would be easy enough to get the totals into one row which I could then work with in the BPM.

The only other idea I have at the moment is to store a running total in a UD field each time a new record is added.