Backflush scrap

Am I missing something? I have backflush turned off on my material. I issued all the material I used - both production and scrap.

At job close, I can see that the material didn’t backflush for production (great) but it did for the scrap (not so great).

I would note that I DID check the backflush box at job close because I do have some materials on the bom that backflush.

Bump

I’ll also add some clarification. Backflush on one material is turned off. I manually issue all of this material I use (which includes good and scrap production). At job close, I enable the backflush checkbox so that scrap is backflushed for my materials that require backflush. The material I selected to NOT backflush is also having it’s required qty for the scrap backflushed causing a double issue of this material.

We have the back flush set as the operations are being done so that they material are issued as it’s being worked on. I’ve always been confused on how the backflush at job close is being done, (like it double issuing) so we just don’t. We just issue anything that’s been missed.

Have you looked into mass issue? Again, another one that’s been confusing to me, so I haven’t really looked into it, but I think you could probably just do the issue with that instead of messing around with the backflush flags on the job.

You are doing this on the job right? I assume you know that the job and the part masters are independent after the material is put on the job. (I just have to check)

I ran my test again, this time I did not enable the BACKFLUSH checkbox at job close - it solved the problem. What I still find confusing is what the hell is that box for? Even the items I wanted backflushed, did just fine even with scrap. I have a ticket open with Epicor so I hope they can be very thorough with their description in what it does. The manual doesn’t even mention that checkbox.

I find it confusing too. To me, that backflush flag on job closing should ONLY backflush things that haven’t been issued yet, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. It doesn’t seem like there is any logic that I can follow for how one is supposed to use that flag.

1 Like

Could it be that the system thinks it needs more material to complete the job quantity because some material was scrapped on the job. And therefore it is issuing the quantity needed to complete the job.

Perhaps, but if I explicitly uncheck backflush on a material, I feel it shouldn’t take liberties with my numbers.

It didn’t take liberties because you used the backflush on Job Closing. That works the same as having a material marked as backflush. I don’t know why they have 2 places where you can backflush, but that option on Job Closing will backflush any materials on the job that did not have the required amount issued to the job.

1 Like

I see, at least it’s an easy solution - don’t check that box haha

1 Like