Azure SSO - EAC says to update my browser

Trying Azure AD authentication in 2022.2.

In the EAC, I click “Connect to Application Server.” I enter AAD name and password, and then the 2FA pops up with this “Update your browser” message.

So, I have MS Edge installed and it is up to date. But I assume that this window is programmed to use some other browser, like IE? Any way around this?

I don’t even know if setting up Azure is going to work, considering that Windows Auth is not working for me, either. But this isn’t helping.

it is EO.Browser embedded into the WinForm, not IE.

Do you see the same error in smart client with AAD?

You should report it.

OK, good to know.

I don’t understand. So, I am only at the point of connecting in the EAC (and failing). This is on the server. Like so.

Will do.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is that? Is it just the user’s default browser? Or is it some other software (like when the Google Maps app on my iPhone opens a store’s site inside the app itself and not in Safari)?

And then, of course, on the 11th try, having made no changes at all, the error disappeared and let me move on.

Alright, I’ll call this a victory and give the solution to @Olga

1 Like

it is chromium-based browser that is used by Kinetic as embedded browser. It was an alternative to IE when nothing else than IE was available.

2 Likes

This is it I believe. I was corrected a few days ago.

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/webbrowser/overview.html