Automate Inspection processing

Hello all :slightly_smiling_face:
Just curious if anyone had gone through any type of automation for inspection. I would basically like to automate the process based on the reason code picked in Nonconformance (ie. if Reason code is Scrap go ahead and fail that quantity in Inspection). We nearly always have the same inspectors and the inspection outcome is always the same based on the Nonconformance reason code. I was going to use a BPM but ran into the notorious serial number in both BOs issue. I could use an external assembly or I could try and use a customization. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I’ve done the process in RMA entry for passed items. Run the traces and replicate in code or BPM widgets.

Thanks for the response. I had already tried the usual (trace and match) process for creating a BPM to try and accomplish this.

When trying to use a BPM to accomplish this I run into this error:
There is at least one compilation error:

Update.CommonTypes.cs(82,33): error CS0433: The type ‘LegalNumGenOptsTable’ exists in both ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.InspProcessing, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’ and ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.NonConf, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’
Update.CommonTypes.cs(87,33): error CS0433: The type ‘SelectedSerialNumbersTable’ exists in both ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.InspProcessing, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’ and ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.NonConf, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’
Update.CommonTypes.cs(92,33): error CS0433: The type ‘SNFormatTable’ exists in both ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.InspProcessing, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’ and ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.NonConf, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’
CustomizationAdapter.cs(98,30): error CS0433: The type ‘SelectSerialNumbersParamsTableset’ exists in both ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.InspProcessing, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’ and ‘Erp.Contracts.BO.NonConf, Version=10.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’
CustomizationAdapter.cs(9,136): error CS0738: ‘NonConfSvcCustomization’ does not implement interface member ‘NonConfSvcContract.GetSelectSerialNumbersParams(bool, string, string, bool, string, string, string, string, string, decimal, string, string, string, string, string, int)’. ‘NonConfSvcCustomization.GetSelectSerialNumbersParams(bool, string, string, bool, string, string, string, string, string, decimal, string, string, string, string, string, int)’ cannot implement ‘NonConfSvcContract.GetSelectSerialNumbersParams(bool, string, string, bool, string, string, string, string, string, decimal, string, string, string, string, string, int)’ because it does not have the matching return type of ‘SelectSerialNumbersParamsTableset’.

From what I understand, once you see this error there is no way around it other than using external DLLs. Am I mistaken in that or did you not run into this during your RMA to Inspection automation or was yours done through code instead of BPM?

my work around suggestion would be to create updatable dashboard with a checkbox.
inspector chooses rma, tick the check box and press save. this fails the rma qty.
(write the code in baq BPM Update directive configuration)