Auto Receive in Job entry but Job Receipt to Inventory not happened automatically

I’ve had it fail to auto-recieve when checked when materials weren’t available (as required) for operations… like it backflushed what op 10 needed, but there wasn’t appropriate quantity to actually do that.

We’ve gone back to no-auto receipt because of the potential for costs going to variance.

If you have auto recieve checked and 2 people are in an op, or someone logs in after that quantity is completed… material booked after, etc… it doesn’t flow up properly. Only transfers quantity and cost at that snapshot moment in time when those quantities are completed on that operation.

Instead the job gets turned in, admin verifies it’s done, etc. Parts are recieved, job is immediately closed thereafter. :+1:

@innovative_raf There are two things here.

Auto receipt is on a quantity from the final operation into the default bin of the part.

material to the job is backflushing which works with a set of rules on where to get the material and only if they part is not lot tracked.

Thanks @WarmPepsi and @gpayne for the responses

@gpayne The part is going into the right bin, my issue is that its not going to inventory or the job demanding it - at least not automatically, any idea how to fix that?

@WarmPepsi if I’m understanding you correctly, are you saying to disable ‘auto receive to inventory’ ?

Yeah, I manually recieve the jobs to inventory, or to it’s parent job when it’s done. Confirms all is done correctly. Probably 30 minutes a week for all jobs we process. Could get fun if you have hundreds (or thousands) of jobs close each week.

Send a screen shot of where you are setting the job’s final operation. Should be like below. We do a lot of shipments a week, so we would not be able to keep up without auto receiving.

Final Operation
Primary Bin
Job Quantities in MES make receipts