Apply customization to dashboard

Hello everyone, I am having an issue with applying a customization I made to a dashboard. In the screenshot below, you can see that epicor does recognize that there is a customization available for the dashboard.

Interesting side note:
After I click okay and select the customization in the previous screenshot, it prompts me again as shown in the screenshot below, but it does not have any customization’s available the second time it asks.

All the customization is, is a button that says submit. It is there on the form, as seen below.

However when I go to select the customization in Menu Maintenance, it won’t let me select a customization for a dashboard, it is just greyed out, pic below.

Does anyone know how I can get the customization to apply to the dashboard? Thanks!

Try changing the program type to Dashboard-Assembly.

You have to deploy the dashboard to allow it to be customized. Once it is deployed, add a menu with Dashboard-Assembly. Then from the new menu, customize the screen. Then you can update the menu with your customization.

1 Like

@Asz0ka @Jason_Woods Thank you both! That worked perfectly!

1 Like

Does this also work for Saas customers? I tried and I am not able to add the customization for Saas customers

Yes.
Deploy dashboard, Add to menu as Dashboard Assembly (NOT Dashboard Runtime), restart Epicor, customize Dashboard from menu.

I did all those steps except “restart Epicor”. Do you mean log out and log back in or restart the app pool? I’m not sure how to restart the app pool for Saas customers.

Close the client and reopen.
However, if you added a menu, you couldn’t have attempted to open that menu until you either logged out, or used the “switch user” method. At what point is the process failing?

I don’t see the customization to select it in Menu Maintenance. The customization list is empty.

Did you make a customization?

Yes, the customization is created. I enabled both all companies and non-all companies and the customizations are still not displaying in menu maintenance.

It has worked for a long time for me in SaaS. Could you post some screen shots of the customization and the menu maintenance?

Turns out that this was a bug and was fixed in 10.2.600.4 which was updated yesterday for Saas. Now it is working today.