Application Setup Failed- Reporting Services .600 Upgrade

I’m trying to upgrade my Test database to .600. It fails if I include the Reporting Services with this error:

Validating Deployment Data.
Stopping Application Pool: TESTAPP.
Stopping Epicor Services.
Updating Server Files.
Updating Client Files.
Configuring Site.
Starting Application Pool: TESTAPP.
Starting Epicor Services.

Application Server Setup Failed.
Errors:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The combination of values for the fields UserName and CredentialRetrieval are not valid. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InvalidElementCombinationException: The combination of values for the fields UserName and CredentialRetrieval are not valid.
** at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)**
** at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)**
** at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.b__0(IReportingService service)**
** at Ice.Lib.Reporting.SsrsReportingServiceCaller.DoWithService[TReturn](Func2 action)** ** at SetupEnvironment.Steps.SetSsrsSharedDataSource.Process(Func1 getDataSource, Action`1 updateDataSource)**
** at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()**

I understand it’s having issue with the username and credentials but but they haven’t changed since the last upgrade to .500. So I’m a bit lost here as to why it’s failing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Call support it looks fairly standard they probably have a KB on it.

Anyone have the KB? Go live on 10.2.400.7, all testing was fine, getting this same issue in app server setup. No passwords have changed.

If you use an SQL account with SQL authentication in the Reporting Services tab settings it will fix the issue. I believe the issue is that the execution account for SSRS may be different than the account you are signed in as, so windows authentication is failing, but I’m not 100% sure on the cause.

Anyone have the KB or anything. We are upgrading from 10.2.200 to 10.2.400.9 and are getting this error. Have been on the phone with Epicor Support for 2 hrs and they could not figure it out. They are transferring me to senior support. Any information anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
@hkeric.wci

What are you doing on the SSRS Tab in Admin Console? I assume when you click the database selection you get to pick an existing database or are you trying to create a new database? SQL Account or Windows Authentication?

We are picking existing database using windows authentication. The ‘test connection’ button on SSRS Tab says everything is ok. We have verified user by connecting to database directly. The user is set up as server admin and admin to the Epicor databases.

What are you picking for the SSRS Report Server Location, does your user have access to that path? Also the http url… if you navigate to the URL using IE, does that open and do you have right permissions there.

If you go to the URL does it work… since it says SOAP I am assuming its failing to configure the Shared DataSet on the SSRS URL.

Trying it with SQL Account on 10.2.400.6

EDIT: Also Windows Authentication worked for me too.

Yes, I can navigate to the SSRS Report Server Location.
Navigating to the url, asks for creds, enter for user i am logged in as and it connects without issue.

Epicor Support had us uncheck Import Reports to see if that changed anything. It didn’t. The failure happens just as it begins the SSRS portion.

If you go to the http://server/Reports URL and you go to Site Settings (top right corner), are your permissions configured for the User so it has permissions to create Shared Data Source?

Also make sure the Account you run SSRS Service as has permissions.

Yes to everything you posted.

i’m stumped and we apparently stumped first level of Epicor Support.

Well not yet… next step is to go to C:\ProgramData and find the Admin Console .xml’s and see which username in the XML your App Poll Connection / Admin Console is using, maybe its using that User :slight_smile:

Also if you go to the SSRS URL, can you create a Shared Datasource manually. :slight_smile:

FWIW - I recently had issues with a new install of 10.2.300 whenever SSRS was enabled.

Turned out to be two things.

1. A rights issue when making temporary files.
    a. Logged into the App server as myself (ckrusen)
    b. Launched EAC as myself (ckrusen)
    c. Set the App Pool user to one that has admin rights and more importantly, whose password never expires. (say _ad_epicor)

During the deployment, an error was thrown when a process started by _ad_epicor tried to write a temporary file to c:\users\ckrusen\... and user _ad_epicor didn’t have rights to my user folder on the app server. I should have logged into the app server as the user that the App Pool uses.

1. An error in the SSRS ReportServer Location field.

For some reason I had set it as //USDBS00375\c$\ProgramFiles...\ReportServer
That would mess up the rssrvpolicy.config file every time An app was deployed with SSRS enabled. That would break SSRS, requiring me to restore the .config file before SSRS would work again.

simply changing the URL to \\USDBS00375\c$\ProgramFiles...\ReportServer resolved that problem.

I’m surprised that a bad value in the SRS ReportServer Location field was able to do so much damage.

Tried that user too. Made sure every user that is set at any point in the whole install has admin privileges to all DB’s and server’s. Still same error.
Yes, i can create a shared Datasource manually via the url by any of those users too.

Next we will try with SQL Authentication instead of Windows Authentication but we ran into issues with that process too.

Using SQL Authentication worked but i ran into a different issue.

Application Server Setup Failed.
Errors:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Error while loading code module: ‘ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

1 Like

Hi, right click Admin Console and “Run as Administrator” option resolved this issue for me. hope this helps someone.

1 Like