And recommended developer training courses to take from Epicor

Hi, I am a C# programmer and I want to improve my Epicor customization skills. Here is what I have already done:

• Read most of the EpicorCustomization Users Guide
  • Read most of the Epicor ICE Tools Users Guide
  • Completed several MES and Job Entry Customization’s that required c# coding

Here is what I am looking for: What are the best and most advanced Epicor courses to take 1) online or class room, 2) Paid or Unpaid, 3) on demand or scheduled. I just want to know what are the classes that really dish out the meat and potatoes on how the framework is designed.

I’d also be interested in completing any certifications. Any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Insights is going to be your best bet. Some of the advanced classes. More of the creative techniques for handling customizations and enhancing the system just come with time.

1 Like

Hello, John! There are no certifications that are currently open to the public (only Epicor employees and partners).

My recommendation would be to attend extended education and customization to the MAX classes at the Epicor Insights conference, then review all advanced customizations for examples of what can be done. For in depth internals help that will help in understanding for why things work the way they do, I recommend paying an Epicor CSG architect to give you Epicor SDK training - there is a training course, though it is usually not offered in the training course list / Epicor university.

Thanks Joseph. Do you have any insight on how I would pursue the ‘Epicor SDK training course’ that is not listed? Or how I would pay for an Epicor CSG architect to give me Epicor SDK training?

thanks Joshua :slight_smile:

The Epicor learning center link on EpicWeb seems to work inconsistently, but this is the way to get to the course listing. I just checked and the SDK course doesn’t look like it’s on there, but I would ask your CAM to reach out to request it. I have an Epicor University course book in front of me as evidence that this course exists!

I should add that the Epicor CSG architect that trained me is no longer with Epicor, which is a shame because he was good - I’m hoping they have someone of similar experience to teach the class.

Insights is the best formal option in my opinion.
Also, this is honestly no a plug for me, but there are a number of consultants on this site that have offered their knowledge for free here on the site. But, they earn a living Consulting. You might hit one up if you are willing to pay for more hands on experience.
I’ve personally helped many users get what they need to get off the ground and I’m sure there are others who would do the same.

2 Likes