Allow receiving surpluses against a PO

Could it be possible to allow receiving surpluses against a PO? Sometimes, we receive +/- 10% against a PO and we would like to be able to receive surpluses without having to adjust the original quantity on the PO. Can we do that at the receiving the PO?

Daniel Dell’Aquila

You can manage that at Company maintenance settings…

Thanks.

Is this the setting?

If receiving through Receipt Entry>Mass Receipts you can enter the actual quantity received in our quantity field (or supplier quantity field, depending on which you are using for that part).

If quantity is more, you will receive a Warning - Receipt Quantity is greater than the Purchased Quantity. Click Ok to accept and go on with your process.

If quantity is less and the order is considered complete, you would need to check the Received Complete checkbox.
You will receive a Warning - Quantity received is less than quantity ordered…Are you sure you want to close this release? Click Yes to accept and go on with your process. Note: If you do not check the Received Complete checkbox that item will remain open to allow you to do another receipt against it.

It doesn’t change the quantity on your PO but should match your supplier invoice.

1 Like

Great! thank, Tammy.

Daniel, it was a pleasure meeting you at Insights

Chris, likewise was a great pleasure meeting with you at Insights. I wish I had more time to meet the other great folks from the e10help group! But, I guess that gives me the perfect reason to attend to Insights 2018… :slight_smile:

1 Like