Adding Requestor ID to P.O. Form

NOTE: the following instructions will only work if you are using the Merant ODBC drivers. It won't work with SQL-92 that come with Vantage 5.0 and 5.1 at this point in time. Hopefully it will in the future.

EXPLANATION:
When Vantage exports the .DBF files that are used for the Vantage Crystal reports (such as the POForm), all the fields are converted to Strings. The PONum in the regular Vanage tables is a number.
The only way to add an external table to a Vantage Form (ie. POForm), is to use a subreport, and link the PONum of the subreport to a formula in the main report which converts the string back to a number.

HOW TO DO IT:
Formula "PONumformula" could be "tonumber(PONum)". Then your subreport would link to the formula "PONumformula". You can do the same with the POLine and PORel if necessary.

The next step, of getting the data from the subreport can either be:

1. Having just the field you want to see in the Subreport, and placing the subreport into the main report where it needs to be viewed, or

2. Use a Shared variable in the subreport to pass the data back to the main report. In this case, the formula has to occur 'above' the occurance where the variable is used in the main report.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Troy Funte
Liberty Electronics
----- Original Message -----
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 12:12 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Adding Requestor ID to P.O. Form

Trying to find a way to add the requestor ID to the standard Vantage
P.O. Form. I have had some Crystal training. When trying to link
tables, I can't seem to get the right combination of tables with at
least two links. And, when I do, I get a message saying the feild to
be linked with is not an indexed value.

What does it mean when, the feilds in the table, are all upper case
letters and the tables I add have uppercase and lower case?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Trying to find a way to add the requestor ID to the standard Vantage
P.O. Form. I have had some Crystal training. When trying to link
tables, I can't seem to get the right combination of tables with at
least two links. And, when I do, I get a message saying the feild to
be linked with is not an indexed value.

What does it mean when, the feilds in the table, are all upper case
letters and the tables I add have uppercase and lower case?