Adding columns to BAQ but they are not available in Report builder

I have added 2 columns to a BAQ. But when I download my SSRS report and open it in Report Builder the 2 new columns do not appear in the Datasets. What am I missing?

In the report builder you have to add the fields into the datasource.
Click Datasets > right click your report dataset (not Company, RptLabels, or RptParameters) >dataset properties.
Go to Fields and add the field you are missing to the list. Use the right field names from your BAQ.
Then go back to Dataset Properties > Query > click the fx button by the query window. Use the existing SQL expression as a template to add your new fields. If you have never worked with SQL before this might be tricky. But essentially you are just adding the fields into the select list.

This should get you close.

2 Likes

You could also try creating a new BAQ Report in BAQ Report Designer.

I added the 2 columns from the BAQ to the Dataset. Added them to the report but data does not populate. I went back to my BAQ and tested it and it is functioning properly and generate the Total Sales Value. Now what could I be missing?

You are close!
Go to Report Style Maintenance. Find your report style. Click Actions > Synchronize Dataset for BAQ Report. I think this used to be a button on the screen, but they moved it to the action menu. That should be the last step for you. After you sync the dataset, download your report rdl again, and it should have the fields you added.

Hi Nate

i do not see that option anywhere in Actions or a button.

Down on the ‘Styles’ sheet, select the Style until you see the Styles tab populate with data, then on the Actions Menu, I believe.

Hi Michael

I went to the Report Style Styles Tab and went to Actions but that function is not there. I have version 10.1.600 if that matters.

There’s your button right there! Sync Dataset.

Thanks for all of the help. Works like a charm!

1 Like