Adding calculated field to Time and Expense Entry via BPM

, ,

I’m trying to add a new field to the time and expense entry screen that will calculate the total scrap reported on a job. (if this already exists somewhere and i don’t need to add a custom field via extendedUDtablemaint, please let me know!)

i was able to successfully create a BAQ that pulls the job number and the sum of the Labordtl.ScrapQty without an issue. Now i need to create a field on time and expense entry that displays this number.

my mind instantly went to creating a method BPM to fill this field depending on what job the operator enters. So ideally it’ll work like this:

1. operator starts a new time detail
  2. operator enters in the job number they are working on.
  3. as soon as the job number is entered, the new “Reported Scrap” field populates with: SUM(LaborDtl.ScrapQty).
    3a. For the record, i don’t care what operation they’re selecting. This scrap sum is just so the operator understands why they only have 8pcs of the 10pc job. That way they don’t have to report missing pcs or anything like that

My first roadblock is how do i tell a field to update based on the operators input of the job number? Second, how do i tell the BPM that i want the scrap qty sum from the specific job number?

Since you have a BAQ, use a BAQView in your customization and display the value in a number field. It requires some code, but should work well. There are quite a few articles on creating a BAQView on this site.

1 Like