Adding additional fields to the UDxx tables

Cheers,

I find myself in one of those situations where I need to lean on one of the existing Epicor UD tables (i.e. UD04). There are plenty of fields to work with. I also have no problem creating a custom menu item, customizing that form, and using it to populate UD04’s existing fields.

However, in classic fashion, the existing columns are named “Character01”, “Date01”, etc. I like to name my columns sensible things and not generically after the data type.

Is there a screen that provides similar function like UD Column Maintenance for handling the addition of columns to UD tables such as UD04? It’s such a lovely improvement to be able to open up Part_UD, etc, and add a custom field. I just can’t quite find a way to do it with the UDxx tables.

You can create UD fields for UD tables. You just have to type the table name in UD Column Maintenance. There likely just hasn’t been any UD fields created for it yet so it won’t show up in search.

1 Like

You can use Extended Properties to change the labels of the UD field and this will then appear as the column headings in BAQs etc.

1 Like

I sat here for a few thinking “how the heck did i miss this fact”. Thank you. In my case, this is exactly what I needed.

This is super helpful. I’m keeping this in mind for future implementations utilizing BAQs and dashboards! Depending on one’s needs, this can be the lightest solution IMO.