Add Vendor Part Number to RFQ Report

I am trying to add the Vendor Part Number from the PartXRefVend table to the RFQ report. Adding tables and linking them in the RDD doesn’t make much sense to me. I have gone through the examples from Epicor but I don’t understand the reasoning. I have added the table and created the relationship. I have added the field to the report but no data populates when I run the report.

Here is the dataset query from report builder

="SELECT
T1.MfgPartNum,
T1.RFQLine,
T1.RFQNum,
T1.Calc_MfgNumName,
T1.Calc_VendorID,
T1.[MfgNum],
T1.[RFQInclude],
T1.[Calc_MfgNumID],
T2.[Company],
T2.[LeadTime],
T2.[PartNum],
T2.[PurchaseDefault],
T2.[Reference],
T2.[VendorNum],
T2.[VendPartNum]

FROM
RFQPart_" + Parameters!TableGuid.Value + " T1
LEFT OUTER JOIN
PartXRefVend_" + Parameters!TableGuid.Value + " T2 ON T1.Company = T2.Company
"

I always like to start a lot of these kinds of projects with just a thrown together BAQ. That tells me a lot about the tables that are involved, and the linkages (joins) that are necessary to bring back expected data.

But I can only imagine that the joins in the dataset query are going to need to point by PartNum and by VendorNum, to a specific VendPartNum value, between the RFQPart and PartXrefVend “tables”. Whereas you’ve just got “Company” in there now. Do you know what I mean?

1 Like

Hi Melissa,

I like to also work like Michael suggests, messing around with the query. Using SSRS I have found it useful to look at and mess around with the query in SQL server mgmt studio, if you have access. Using a test database is never a bad idea there too. I haven’t worked on SSRS reports in a bit, but here’s some notes that I made for myself to help me do it again someday. Perhaps they’ll be helpful to you.

Nancy

1 Like