Add a Menu in MES

How are you partners good day,

I want to add a Menu or a button in the MES console, has someone already done it? Or do you know how to do what you can advise me? In the direct options that Epicor has, I can’t find how to add a menu to MES.

Thanks, I look forward to your comments.

@CTapia Have you searched this site for ‘mes customization’? There are a LOT of posts covering this topic and the proper way to deploy the customization (which can be tricky).

2 Likes

We have a KB on this, KB0029127 - CUST MES How can I Program a Blank E10/Kinetic Classic MES Button and Deploy (C# Example)?
https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=KB0029127

4 Likes

Hi @MikeGross

I have not searched this site, could you send me the link of the site if you have it?

Thanks for your time

1 Like

Tahnk you very much @afabian

Thank you very much for the information, I did think that development as such was necessary, since for any change in the month it is through programming, I have thought.

I will see the link to understand better.

Thank you very much again

“This site” means THIS site.
There are many posts on EpiUsers.Help covering MES Customization.

2 Likes

@MikeGross

I’m sorry I didn’t read well, I haven’t searched here with the topic MES CUSTOMIZATION, I’m going to do it to see the help I can find.

Thank you very much again

2 Likes

I have found some posts on this. I wrote down my personal instructions here for my custom UD20 Form. Disregard any Directive / BPM notes.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Employee Recognition Installation
UD20
Directive Import
MES Emp Recognition DD.bpm

Directive Import
MES Emp Recognition Method D.bpm

MES Launch /MESC

Production Management–>Data Collections
“UDCLIREC”
SEQ - 20
Employee Recognition
Menu Item
Ice.UI.UD20Entry.dll

Menu Maint. → New Process
“UDMESREC”
SEQ - 1595
MES Employee Recognition
Non Menu Item
Ice.UI.UD20Entry.dll

Menu Maint. → New Process
“UDMES”
SEQ - 1605
UD Mes
Non Menu Item
Erp.Menu.Mes.dll

Import Customizations for each
Logout Epicor
Login Epicor
Set Customizations for Each in menu maint.
Logout Epicor
Login Epicor

** After edit config for UDMES** Import Customization in MES Main Screen ( /MESC modifier on launch)
Import Customization in Production Management–>Data Collections–>Employee Recognition
Import Customization in UDMES Process

Edit the MES Client Config: * Copy of MES DLL in a new process for customization
Program:
Erp.Menu.Mes.dll

Customization Notes:
In MES Epicor Config File to Change Home Screen

Below contained in MES XML Customization for Main Screen:
Create Event Button Click
ProcessCaller.LaunchForm(oTrans,“UDCLIREC”);

Config CustomMenu MES

2 Likes