A server side error

When logging in, the following error popped up. Anyone know why? Thanks.

Server Side Exception

A server error occurred. Review the server event logs for details.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Correlation ID: ca3276a7-37d5-44d7-8d16-69c2b8ab0d81
Description: A server error occurred. Review the server event logs for details.
Program: Epicor.Ice.Server.Wcf.Core.dll
Method: ProvideFault
Line Number: 33
Column Number: 17
Server Trace Stack: at Epicor.Hosting.Wcf.ErrorHandler.ProvideFault(Exception error, MessageVersion version, Message& fault) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.700.0\Source\Framework\Ice.Server.Wcf.Core\Hosting\Wcf\ErrorHandler.cs:line 33
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ErrorBehavior.ProvideFault(Exception e, FaultConverter faultConverter, ErrorHandlerFaultInfo& faultInfo)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ErrorBehavior.ProvideMessageFaultCore(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage8(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.ProcessError(Exception e)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.Fx.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelListener1.ReceiveItemAndVerifySecurityAsyncResult2.InnerTryReceiveCompletedCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ProcessFrameBody(Int32 readBytes, Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.ReadCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.AsyncProtocolRequest.CompleteRequest(Int32 result)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.CheckCompletionBeforeNextRead(Int32 bytes)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult transportResult)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionStream.IOAsyncResult.OnAsyncIOComplete(Object state)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.OnCompleted(SocketAsyncEventArgs e)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.FinishOperationSuccess(SocketError socketError, Int32 bytesTransferred, SocketFlags flags)
at System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Ice.Proxy.BO.GenXDataImpl.StoreData(GenXDataDataSet dsGenXData)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.GenXObject.StoreData(GenXDataDataSet ds)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.GenXObject.handleChunkAndSave(Boolean doCompression, String company, String productID, String typeCode, String cgcCode, String key1, String key2, String key3, String description, String comment, String version, Boolean layerWIP, String data)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.GenXObject.ChunkNSaveStringByID(String company, String productID, String typeCode, String cgcCode, String key1, String key2, String key3, String description, String comment, String version, Boolean layerWIP, String data)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.GenXObject.ChunkNSaveStringByID(String company, String productID, String typeCode, String key1, String key2, String key3, String description, String comment, String version, Boolean layerWIP, String data)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.FormFunctions.ChunkNSaveStringByID(Session s, String company, String productID, String typeCode, String key1, String key2, String key3, String description, String comment, String version, Boolean layerWIP, String data)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.FormFunctions.ChunkNSaveStringByID(Object sender, String company, String productID, String typeCode, String key1, String key2, String key3, String description, String comment, String version, Boolean layerWIP, String data)

This error is shown for many reasons and to know what exactly happen, you need to go to server machine and look into event viewer and Epicor server log.
This is what is error saying: A server error occurred. Review the server event logs for details.

1 Like

Hi @Olga ,
How do you check the Event Viewer error message if you using Epicor Cloud? I was working for a customer that is on Epicor Cloud, I got a server side error, and to know what the real error was, I had to replicate it on a on-premise dev environment.
Is there a Dashboard or special Event Viewer access or report for cloud customers?
Thanks!

Hello Carlos,

Accessible logging has been a popular request for Cloud Users. What I did was note the date and time of the incident, file a ticket with the Cloud Team and ask for the reasons.

Clearly not scalable and not value-add work for the Cloud Team. One short term solution would be some automation that would copy out the logs to an accessible area (blob storage?). Longer term, adding a sink in the current software to an accessible area much like Microsoft does with Azure.

Thanks for the info Mark. I thought about it, but definitely a time consuming process, specially if the server error comes from a classic UI customization still in development.
Regards,

1 Like

I can’t believe I didn’t mention that monitoring is a part of the DevOps request in Epicor Ideas.

1 Like

Thank you all for your information.

Hi,

We are having the same error now. How did you fixed this?

Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

Was there a solution to this?

I just restored our test database from live backup. I closed the application pools related to test an two different servers yet connected to the same database instance. after restoring , the app pools are not starting up and i get this error. How do I fix it?

Start with doing what it is suggesting - go to the server and read event viewer error for more details.

1 Like