A/R Invoices Marked As "Closed"

Hello!

We have many invoices (hundreds) dating back to 2015 that are still marked as “Open” on InvcHead by the system, even though they all have a zero dollar InvoiceBal & UnpostedBal. We have also had this happen earlier this month.

Our A/R analyst and IT PM are auditing and tackling the issue but to be honest, it’s quite alot. I believe Epicor will send us a datafix to correct all of these invoices, but that may only be a temporary solution.

How does the system actually determine when to “close” an invoice? I looked in the data dictionary and it wasn’t much help.

Does anyone else have issues with open A/R invoices?

AR Invoice will mark as Closed when the Cash receipt is done on the invoice that matches the amount.

If not, it will stay open unless you apply credit memo or do adjustment.

Invoice status can also be changed when you reverse cash receipt.

Use the invoice tracker and finds all the ins and outs of the invoice to check if the process needs to be changed.

Thanks for the suggestion!

What happens if one closes cash receipt entry manually via task manager during posting? When Cash Receipt entry isn’t responding?

We have so many open invoices that show in customer tracker yet all are at zero balance both zero unpostedbal and invoicebal db fields. Our customer service department / finance department gets worried when they see the open invoices in the customer tracker application. What could we be missing here in our AR process? I’m a developer/ Epicor sys admin so my apologies for not understanding the generic AR processes

We have many of these too. I search EpicCare and I don’t see anything to resolve it. I searced the menus and I don’t see any batch update to search for and close open invoices with zero balance and/or fully applied credit memos.

Did you ever get a fix for this?