803.409C: Alias a table in BAQ or a work around when BAQ connect

Use the two BAQs in a dashboard and then connect as needed in Crystal

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 1:22 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] 803.409C: Alias a table in BAQ or a work around when BAQ connected to Crystal?

Version 8 baqs don't support bringing in a tabe into a query more than once (joined to other tables in different ways).
Blazingly simple in sql.

Can you use partplant part (rather than part twice)?

Rob Brown
Versa Products
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: [Vantage] 803.409C: Alias a table in BAQ or a work around when BAQ connected to Crystal?
Sent: Fri, May 16, 2014 5:45:36 PM

I need an Alias in the BAQ. Here is what I need to do:
Join Part to PartMtl on PartNum and then Join PartMtl to Part on MtlPartNum. The BAQ does not allow it as the error says it makes the Part an indirect parent of itself. If only I can alias the Part table, I would be able to get the UOM for my MtlParNum from Part table.

Since I have 8.0.03, it looks like I don't have the Alias option? Please confirm.

I do use Crystal Reports for BAQs but can't figure out how a table can be Aliased for my BAQ database connection.

Any insight will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
unackvi

I need an Alias in the BAQ. Here is what I need to do:
Join Part to PartMtl on PartNum and then Join PartMtl to Part on MtlPartNum. The BAQ does not allow it as the error says it makes the Part an indirect parent of itself. If only I can alias the Part table, I would be able to get the UOM for my MtlParNum from Part table.

Since I have 8.0.03, it looks like I don't have the Alias option? Please confirm.

I do use Crystal Reports for BAQs but can't figure out how a table can be Aliased for my BAQ database connection.

Any insight will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
unackvi

Version 8 baqs don't support bringing in a tabe into a query more than once (joined to other tables in different ways).
Blazingly simple in sql.

Can you use partplant & part (rather than part twice)?

Rob Brown
Versa Products
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: [Vantage] 803.409C: Alias a table in BAQ or a work around when BAQ connected to Crystal?
Sent: Fri, May 16, 2014 5:45:36 PM

Â
<div id="ygrps-yiv-1730954360ygrp-text">

<p></p><p><span>I need an Alias in the BAQ. Here is what I need to do:<br clear="none">Join Part to PartMtl on PartNum and then Join PartMtl to Part on MtlPartNum. The BAQ does not allow it as the error says it makes the Part an indirect parent of itself. If only I can alias the Part table, I would be able to get the UOM for my MtlParNum from Part table.</span></p><p><span><br clear="none"></span></p><p><span>Since I have 8.0.03, it looks like I don&#39;t have the Alias option? Please confirm.</span></p><p><span> I do use Crystal Reports for BAQs but can&#39;t figure out how a table can be Aliased for my BAQ database connection.</span></p><p><span>Any insight will be much appreciated.<br clear="none">Thanks,<br clear="none">unackvi<br clear="none" class="ygrps-yiv-1730954360yui-cursor"></span></p><p><span><br clear="none" class="ygrps-yiv-1730954360yui-cursor"></span></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;height:0;"></div></div>