8.03.410 MES Button Customization

I'd like to add multiple customized buttons. I have everything in place except for the script. Everything I try comes up with errors.

Can you help me out as to modifying the script to support multiple buttons?

TY

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@...> wrote:
>
> Under Menu Maintenance, the Sub-Process : MES Menu where you chose Program = Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.dll; Did you select the customization you are trying to load.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TimM
> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:43 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
>
>
>
> The customization seems to be working perfectly. The problem is with the form it appears. Again when I start MES in customizing mode and choose the customized form the button shows and it works as designed. My problem is that I cant seem to get the customized form to show the button when in normal MES mode. I know the config file is calling the customized form because if I change the <MESCustomMenuID value="" /> parameter in the config file to something random is tells me the form isn't valid (or something like that), however when I start MES with the 'customized' form the button is blank.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> >
> > I think you need to add the dashboard to a menu and then call the menu. That is how I have always done them.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> >
> >
> >
> > Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "TimM" <tmattson57@<mailto:tmattson57@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
> > >
> > > 2) Select File --> New
> > > > - Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
> > >
> > > There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> > > >
> > > > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Greg,
> > > >
> > > > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Tim
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > > > >
> > > > > Greg
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > AnswerBook #:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 10990ESC
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Product:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Added:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 12/31/2010
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Version:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 9.04
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Changed:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 05/23/2012
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Module:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Customization
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Summary:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Details:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > PAGE NO:
> > > > > 10990ESC
> > > > >
> > > > > SUMMARY:
> > > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > > > >
> > > > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > > > =====================================
> > > > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
> > > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > > > 3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
> > > > > - Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
> > > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > > > > 4) Save the new Menu addition.
> > > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > > > =========================================
> > > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > > > ===============================================
> > > > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > > > 3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
> > > > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > > > ======================================================
> > > > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > > > !----------------------------------------------------------!
> > > > > ! Process Calling !
> > > > > ! !
> > > > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > > > ! Menu Id: !
> > > > >
> > > > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > > > >
> > > > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > > > >
> > > > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
> > > > > 2) Select File --> New
> > > > > - Enter a Description.
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > > > - Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > > > 4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
> > > > > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > > > > 6) Select File --> New
> > > > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > > > 7) Save the new Process Calling record.
> > > > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > > > >
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > > > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > > > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > > > >
> > > > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > > > >
> > > > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > > > >
> > > > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > > > >
> > > > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Attachments:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Need some help from the forum...
> > > > >
> > > > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > > > >
> > > > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > > > >
> > > > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ________________________________
> > > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > > >
> > > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > > >
> > > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >
> > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> >
> > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Need some help from the forum...

I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.

Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.

Greg

AnswerBook #:

10990ESC

Product:

Epicor Ent Ed

Added:

12/31/2010

Version:

Changed:

05/23/2012

Module:

Customization

Summary:

CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.

Details:

PAGE NO:
10990ESC

SUMMARY:
CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.

DESCRIPTION:
In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.

Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
=====================================
1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
- Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
- Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
- Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
- Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
- Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
- Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
4) Save the new Menu addition.
5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.

Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
=========================================
2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
- Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
- Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
- Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
- Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
- Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
4) Save the new Menu addition.
5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.

Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
===============================================
Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
4) Save the Menu.
5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.

In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
======================================================
As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
!--------------------------------------------------------------------------!
! Process Calling !
! !
! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
! Menu Id: !
!--------------------------------------------------------------------------!

You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.

Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.

Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.

Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
2) Select File --> New
- Enter a Description.
- Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
- Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
- Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
- Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
"Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
6) Select File --> New
- Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.

- Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.

- Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
7) Save the new Process Calling record.
8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.

In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:

1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
2) Select File --> New
- Enter a Description.
- Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
- Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
- Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
- Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
6) Select File --> New
- Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".

- Leave Call From blank.

- Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
7) Save the new Process Calling record.
8) Logout of Epicor 9.

9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.

- Select the configuration file that is used by MES.

- On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.

- Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.

- Click Save and then close the application.

HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.

Attachments:

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TimM
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization

I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
On EpicWeb search for answerbook 4306ESC. It's a somewhat convoluted process.

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note:Â You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

Greg,

This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?

Thanks,

Tim

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Greg Payne <gpayne@...> wrote:
>
> Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
>
> Greg
>
>
> AnswerBook #:
>
>
> 10990ESC
>
>
> Product:
>
>
> Epicor Ent Ed
>
>
>
> Added:
>
>
> 12/31/2010
>
>
> Version:
>
>
> 9.04
>
>
> Changed:
>
>
> 05/23/2012
>
>
> Module:
>
>
> Customization
>
>
>
>
>
> Summary:
>
>
>
> CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
>
>
>
>
>
> Details:
>
>
>
>
> PAGE NO:
> 10990ESC
>
> SUMMARY:
> CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
>
> DESCRIPTION:
> In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
>
>
>
> Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> =====================================
> 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
> 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> 3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
> - Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
> - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> 4) Save the new Menu addition.
> 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
>
>
>
>
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> =========================================
> 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
>
>
>
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> ===============================================
> Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> 3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
> 4) Save the Menu.
> 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
>
>
>
>
> In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> ======================================================
> As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> !--------------------------------------------------------------------------!
> ! Process Calling !
> ! !
> ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> ! Menu Id: !
> !--------------------------------------------------------------------------!
>
> You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
>
> Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
>
> Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
> 2) Select File --> New
> - Enter a Description.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> - Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
> - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> 4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
> 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> 6) Select File --> New
> - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
>
> - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
>
> - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> 7) Save the new Process Calling record.
> 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
>
>
>
>
>
> In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
>
> 2) Select File --> New
> - Enter a Description.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> 6) Select File --> New
> - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
>
> - Leave Call From blank.
>
> - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
>
> 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
>
> - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
>
> - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
>
> - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
>
> - Click Save and then close the application.
>
> HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
>
>
>
>
>
> Attachments:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TimM
> Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
>
>
>
> Need some help from the forum...
>
> I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
>
>
> ________________________________
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
>
> "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
>
>
>
Thanks Ted,

Unfortunately I don't currently have access to EpicWeb which is compounding my problem (maintenance contract issue). Any chance you could post that?

Thank you,

Tim

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Ted Koch <tkoch77@...> wrote:
>
> On EpicWeb search for answerbook 4306ESC. It's a somewhat convoluted process.
>
>
>
>
> From: TimM <tmattson57@...>
>
>
>
> I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note:Â You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.

You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TimM
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization

Greg,

This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?

Thanks,

Tim

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@...<mailto:gpayne@...>> wrote:
>
> Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
>
> Greg
>
>
> AnswerBook #:
>
>
> 10990ESC
>
>
> Product:
>
>
> Epicor Ent Ed
>
>
>
> Added:
>
>
> 12/31/2010
>
>
> Version:
>
>
> 9.04
>
>
> Changed:
>
>
> 05/23/2012
>
>
> Module:
>
>
> Customization
>
>
>
>
>
> Summary:
>
>
>
> CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
>
>
>
>
>
> Details:
>
>
>
>
> PAGE NO:
> 10990ESC
>
> SUMMARY:
> CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
>
> DESCRIPTION:
> In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
>
>
>
> Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> =====================================
> 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
>
>
>
>
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> =========================================
> 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
>
>
>
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> ===============================================
> Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> 4) Save the Menu.
> 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
>
>
>
>
> In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> ======================================================
> As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> !----------------------------------------------------------!
> ! Process Calling !
> ! !
> ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> ! Menu Id: !
> !----------------------------------------------------------!
>
> You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
>
> Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
>
> Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
>
> Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> 2) Select File --> New
> - Enter a Description.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> 6) Select File --> New
> - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
>
> - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
>
> 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
>
>
>
>
>
> In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
>
> 2) Select File --> New
> - Enter a Description.
> - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> 6) Select File --> New
> - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
>
> - Leave Call From blank.
>
> 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
>
> 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
>
> - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
>
> - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
>
> - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
>
> - Click Save and then close the application.
>
> HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
>
>
>
>
>
> Attachments:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
>
> "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
>
>
>

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."

Thanks Greg,

I'm still running into a problem. I've followed the procedure, although in this situation I am using the Test database, and I am getting an unhandled exception in the process calling maint part of this and I click continue, but the button still is not visible.

Any thoughts?

Tim
>
> Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
>
> You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
>
> Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
>
>
>
> Greg,
>
> This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> >
> > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> >
> > AnswerBook #:
> >
> >
> > 10990ESC
> >
> >
> > Product:
> >
> >
> > Epicor Ent Ed
> >
> >
> >
> > Added:
> >
> >
> > 12/31/2010
> >
> >
> > Version:
> >
> >
> > 9.04
> >
> >
> > Changed:
> >
> >
> > 05/23/2012
> >
> >
> > Module:
> >
> >
> > Customization
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Summary:
> >
> >
> >
> > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Details:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > PAGE NO:
> > 10990ESC
> >
> > SUMMARY:
> > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> >
> > DESCRIPTION:
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > =====================================
> > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
> > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > 3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
> > - Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
> > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > 4) Save the new Menu addition.
> > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > =========================================
> > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > ===============================================
> > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > 3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
> > 4) Save the Menu.
> > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > ======================================================
> > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > !----------------------------------------------------------!
> > ! Process Calling !
> > ! !
> > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > ! Menu Id: !
> >
> > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> >
> > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> >
> > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
> > 2) Select File --> New
> > - Enter a Description.
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > - Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > 4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
> > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > 6) Select File --> New
> > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> >
> > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> >
> > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > 7) Save the new Process Calling record.
> > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> >
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> >
> > - Leave Call From blank.
> >
> > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> >
> > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> >
> > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> >
> > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> >
> > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> >
> > - Click Save and then close the application.
> >
> > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Attachments:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> >
> >
> >
> > Need some help from the forum...
> >
> > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> >
> > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> >
> >
> >
> > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> >
> > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
>
>
>
>
One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2

2) Select File --> New

There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID

>
> Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
>
> You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
>
> Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
>
>
>
> Greg,
>
> This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> >
> > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> >
> > AnswerBook #:
> >
> >
> > 10990ESC
> >
> >
> > Product:
> >
> >
> > Epicor Ent Ed
> >
> >
> >
> > Added:
> >
> >
> > 12/31/2010
> >
> >
> > Version:
> >
> >
> > 9.04
> >
> >
> > Changed:
> >
> >
> > 05/23/2012
> >
> >
> > Module:
> >
> >
> > Customization
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Summary:
> >
> >
> >
> > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Details:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > PAGE NO:
> > 10990ESC
> >
> > SUMMARY:
> > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> >
> > DESCRIPTION:
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > =====================================
> > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > =========================================
> > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > ===============================================
> > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > 4) Save the Menu.
> > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > ======================================================
> > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > ! Process Calling !
> > ! !
> > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > ! Menu Id: !
> >
> > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> >
> > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> >
> > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> >
> > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> >
> > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> >
> > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> >
> > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> >
> > - Leave Call From blank.
> >
> > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> >
> > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> >
> > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> >
> > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> >
> > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> >
> > - Click Save and then close the application.
> >
> > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Attachments:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> >
> >
> >
> > Need some help from the forum...
> >
> > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> >
> > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
>
>
>
>
Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "TimM" <tmattson57@...> wrote:
>
> One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
>
> 2) Select File --> New
>
> There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> >
> > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of TimM
> > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> >
> >
> >
> > Greg,
> >
> > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > >
> > > Greg
> > >
> > >
> > > AnswerBook #:
> > >
> > >
> > > 10990ESC
> > >
> > >
> > > Product:
> > >
> > >
> > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Added:
> > >
> > >
> > > 12/31/2010
> > >
> > >
> > > Version:
> > >
> > >
> > > 9.04
> > >
> > >
> > > Changed:
> > >
> > >
> > > 05/23/2012
> > >
> > >
> > > Module:
> > >
> > >
> > > Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Summary:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Details:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > PAGE NO:
> > > 10990ESC
> > >
> > > SUMMARY:
> > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > >
> > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > =====================================
> > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
> > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > 3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
> > > - Menu ID must be unique and start with "UD"
> > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > > 4) Save the new Menu addition.
> > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > =========================================
> > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > ===============================================
> > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > 3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
> > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > ======================================================
> > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > !----------------------------------------------------------!
> > > ! Process Calling !
> > > ! !
> > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > ! Menu Id: !
> > >
> > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > >
> > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > >
> > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
> > > - Enter a Description.
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > - Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > 4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
> > > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > > 6) Select File --> New
> > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > >
> > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > >
> > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > 7) Save the new Process Calling record.
> > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > >
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > >
> > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > >
> > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > >
> > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > >
> > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > >
> > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > >
> > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > >
> > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > >
> > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Attachments:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Need some help from the forum...
> > >
> > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > >
> > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > >
> > >
> > > ________________________________
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > >
> > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > >
> > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
I think you need to add the dashboard to a menu and then call the menu. That is how I have always done them.

Greg

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56 PM

Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "TimM" <tmattson57@...<mailto:tmattson57@...>> wrote:
>
> One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
>
> 2) Select File --> New
>
> There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> >
> > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> >
> > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> >
> >
> >
> > Greg,
> >
> > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > >
> > > Greg
> > >
> > >
> > > AnswerBook #:
> > >
> > >
> > > 10990ESC
> > >
> > >
> > > Product:
> > >
> > >
> > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Added:
> > >
> > >
> > > 12/31/2010
> > >
> > >
> > > Version:
> > >
> > >
> > > 9.04
> > >
> > >
> > > Changed:
> > >
> > >
> > > 05/23/2012
> > >
> > >
> > > Module:
> > >
> > >
> > > Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Summary:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Details:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > PAGE NO:
> > > 10990ESC
> > >
> > > SUMMARY:
> > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > >
> > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > =====================================
> > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > =========================================
> > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > ===============================================
> > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > ======================================================
> > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > ! Process Calling !
> > > ! !
> > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > ! Menu Id: !
> > >
> > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > >
> > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > >
> > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > >
> > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > >
> > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > >
> > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > >
> > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > >
> > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > >
> > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > >
> > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > >
> > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > >
> > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > >
> > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > >
> > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > >
> > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Attachments:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Need some help from the forum...
> > >
> > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > >
> > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > >
> > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

The customization seems to be working perfectly. The problem is with the form it appears. Again when I start MES in customizing mode and choose the customized form the button shows and it works as designed. My problem is that I cant seem to get the customized form to show the button when in normal MES mode. I know the config file is calling the customized form because if I change the <MESCustomMenuID value="" /> parameter in the config file to something random is tells me the form isn't valid (or something like that), however when I start MES with the 'customized' form the button is blank.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

>
> I think you need to add the dashboard to a menu and then call the menu. That is how I have always done them.
>
> Greg
>
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56 PM
>
>
>
> Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "TimM" <tmattson57@<mailto:tmattson57@>> wrote:
> >
> > One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
> >
> >
> > There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> > >
> > > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Greg,
> > >
> > > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tim
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > > >
> > > > Greg
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > AnswerBook #:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 10990ESC
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Product:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Added:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 12/31/2010
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Version:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 9.04
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Changed:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 05/23/2012
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Module:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Summary:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Details:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > PAGE NO:
> > > > 10990ESC
> > > >
> > > > SUMMARY:
> > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > > >
> > > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > > =====================================
> > > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Menu Maintenance
> > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > > 3) Select File --> New --> New Menu
> > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > > > 4) Save the new Menu addition.
> > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > > =========================================
> > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu so the new menu item will now appear.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > > ===============================================
> > > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > > 3) Select your customization from the Customization dropdown.
> > > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > > ======================================================
> > > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > > !----------------------------------------------------------!
> > > > ! Process Calling !
> > > > ! !
> > > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > > ! Menu Id: !
> > > >
> > > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > > >
> > > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > > >
> > > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > > 1) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Sub Process Maintenance
> > > > 2) Select File --> New
> > > > - Enter a Description.
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > > - Now select "Non Menu Item" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > > 4) Save the new Sub Process Menu.
> > > > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > > > 6) Select File --> New
> > > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > > >
> > > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > > >
> > > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > > 7) Save the new Process Calling record.
> > > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > > >
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > > 5) Go to System Maintenance --> Utilities --> Process Calling Maintenance
> > > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > > >
> > > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > > >
> > > > - Menu Id is the unique Id that you gave to the sub process menu ID in step 2.
> > > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > > >
> > > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > > >
> > > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > > >
> > > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > > >
> > > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > > >
> > > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > > >
> > > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Attachments:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Need some help from the forum...
> > > >
> > > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > > >
> > > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > > >
> > > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
>
>
>
>
Under Menu Maintenance, the Sub-Process : MES Menu where you chose Program = Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.dll; Did you select the customization you are trying to load.

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:43 AM

The customization seems to be working perfectly. The problem is with the form it appears. Again when I start MES in customizing mode and choose the customized form the button shows and it works as designed. My problem is that I cant seem to get the customized form to show the button when in normal MES mode. I know the config file is calling the customized form because if I change the <MESCustomMenuID value="" /> parameter in the config file to something random is tells me the form isn't valid (or something like that), however when I start MES with the 'customized' form the button is blank.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@...<mailto:gpayne@...>> wrote:
>
> I think you need to add the dashboard to a menu and then call the menu. That is how I have always done them.
>
> Greg
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "TimM" <tmattson57@<mailto:tmattson57@>> wrote:
> >
> > One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
> >
> >
> > There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> > >
> > > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Greg,
> > >
> > > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Tim
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > > >
> > > > Greg
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > AnswerBook #:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 10990ESC
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Product:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Added:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 12/31/2010
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Version:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 9.04
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Changed:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 05/23/2012
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Module:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Summary:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Details:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > PAGE NO:
> > > > 10990ESC
> > > >
> > > > SUMMARY:
> > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > > >
> > > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > > =====================================
> > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > > =========================================
> > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > > ===============================================
> > > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > > ======================================================
> > > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > > ! Process Calling !
> > > > ! !
> > > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > > ! Menu Id: !
> > > >
> > > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > > >
> > > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > > >
> > > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > > >
> > > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > > >
> > > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > > >
> > > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > > >
> > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > > >
> > > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > > >
> > > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > > >
> > > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > > >
> > > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > > >
> > > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > > >
> > > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > > >
> > > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > > >
> > > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Attachments:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Need some help from the forum...
> > > >
> > > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > > >
> > > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
>
>
>
>

Ok. That's where I was going wrong. I was pointing to the dashboard itself there.

Thanks Miguel

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Miguel Santillan <msantillan@...> wrote:
>
> Under Menu Maintenance, the Sub-Process : MES Menu where you chose Program = Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.dll; Did you select the customization you are trying to load.
>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:43 AM
>
>
>
> The customization seems to be working perfectly. The problem is with the form it appears. Again when I start MES in customizing mode and choose the customized form the button shows and it works as designed. My problem is that I cant seem to get the customized form to show the button when in normal MES mode. I know the config file is calling the customized form because if I change the <MESCustomMenuID value="" /> parameter in the config file to something random is tells me the form isn't valid (or something like that), however when I start MES with the 'customized' form the button is blank.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> >
> > I think you need to add the dashboard to a menu and then call the menu. That is how I have always done them.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 5:56 PM
> >
> >
> >
> > Also in the procedure it suggests a customization...however I'm calling a dashboard is that a issue?
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "TimM" <tmattson57@<mailto:tmattson57@>> wrote:
> > >
> > > One other thing I noticed and that is in the procedure, step 2
> > >
> > >
> > > There is no field 'Menu ID'...there's a process ID
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Yes, the same. There are some MES docs in the file section.
> > > >
> > > > You have most of it done, except the process menu and calling the MES Menu in default.mfgsys
> > > >
> > > > Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:22 PM
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Greg,
> > > >
> > > > This procedure looks to be for 9. Is this procedure the same in 8.03.410?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Tim
> > > >
> > > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Greg Payne <gpayne@<mailto:gpayne@>> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Answerbook 10990ESC has the info you need.
> > > > >
> > > > > Greg
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > AnswerBook #:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 10990ESC
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Product:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Epicor Ent Ed
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Added:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 12/31/2010
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Version:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 9.04
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Changed:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > 05/23/2012
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Module:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Customization
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Summary:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations in Epicor 9.04.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Details:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > PAGE NO:
> > > > > 10990ESC
> > > > >
> > > > > SUMMARY:
> > > > > CUST DEP Generic instructions for deploying customizations.
> > > > > NOTE: if you need this in Spanish see answer book 7899ESC.
> > > > >
> > > > > DESCRIPTION:
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can modify a UI form; create a new dashboard or a BAQ Report. In most cases deploying the modification is done through Menu Maintenance Utility. If the UI form that you changed cannot be found in Menu Maintenance then follow the steps for deploying a change to a subprocess. If you are looking for assistance for deploying MES Menu changes then see the last item in this article.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps to deploy a new dashboard:
> > > > > =====================================
> > > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this dashboard by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the dashboard.
> > > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the dashboard.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the dashboard in the menu.
> > > > > - Now select "Dashboard" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > > - Next select the dashboard you created from the Dashboard dropdown.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a new BAQ Report.
> > > > > =========================================
> > > > > 2) Select the most appropriate menu area to add this BAQ Report by navigating through the menu tree on the left side of the screen. Highlight the menu where you want to add the BAQ Report.
> > > > > - Enter a Description. This will be seen by the user from the Menu.
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the BAQ Report.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the BAQ Report in the menu.
> > > > > - Now select "BAQ Report" from the Program Type dropdown.
> > > > > - Next select the BAQ Report you created using the BAQ Report Search.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a modification to a UI Form.
> > > > > ===============================================
> > > > > Note: if you are customizing a Form that is called from different places within the Epicor 9 menu structure you must deploy the customization for each menu item where you want the users to see your customization.
> > > > > 2) Navigate through the menu tree on the left side of the screen until you find the UI form. For example Order Entry is under the tree nodes Order Management > Sales Management > general Operations > Order Entry. Highlight the menu you want to customize.
> > > > > 4) Save the Menu.
> > > > > 5) Logout and log back into Epicor 9 to refresh the menu.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify a Subprocess.
> > > > > ======================================================
> > > > > As noted earlier these are UI forms that are not found in Menu Maintenance. The way to know that you have this situation is to open the UI form in developer mode. If you receive the "Process Calling" window you have a subprocess. The window will look roughly like:
> > > > > ! Process Calling !
> > > > > ! !
> > > > > ! Process Key: Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry !
> > > > > ! Calling App: Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry !
> > > > > ! Menu Id: !
> > > > >
> > > > > You will need all of the information in the above window to deploy the customization so make a note of it.
> > > > >
> > > > > Some UI forms that fall under the Sub Process category are Memo Maintenance, Method Tracker, CRM Call Log Entry, Start Production Activity, End Activity, Part Transaction History, and Lot Number Entry.
> > > > >
> > > > > Deploying a subprocess modification is done through the Subprocess Maintenance and Process Calling Maintenance. Use the Sub Process Menu Maintenance program to assign the UI form a menu ID. Once you create the subprocess menu you need to tell Epicor 9 to use your new menu item when it calls the subprocess.
> > > > >
> > > > > Here are the steps for deploying a change to a Subprocess.
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the Subprocess.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the SubProcess in the menu.
> > > > > - Next select the Subprocess you modified using the Program Search. In the
> > > > > example above the Id of the Subprocess is next to the process key. It is
> > > > > "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry" so select "Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry.dll".
> > > > > - Calling Process Reference is the Process Key. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.MemoEntry".
> > > > > It doesn't have to be a program Id it can be a menu Id like SRG01060. Just be sure to make
> > > > > it whatever is displayed as the Process Key.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Call From is the Calling App. In this example Epicor.Mfg.UI.SalesOrderEntry.
> > > > > Here we are using the customization only when Memo Entry is called from Order Entry. If you want your customization to be called from all UI forms then leave Call From blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > 8) Logout and log back into Epicor 9.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > In Epicor 9.04 you can also modify the MES menu. Deployment consists of creating a subprocess menu Id, a Process Calling record, and modifying the defaultmfg.sys file. Here are the steps:
> > > > >
> > > > > - Select a security group that fits the people that will be viewing the MES Menu.
> > > > > - Provide an order sequence number which positions the Subprocess in the menu.
> > > > > - Select "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes.DLL from the Program Search.
> > > > > - Called Process Reference is "Epicor.Mfg.Menu.Mes".
> > > > >
> > > > > - Leave Call From blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > 8) Logout of Epicor 9.
> > > > >
> > > > > 9) Run ConfigEditor.exe which is in your Epicor client folder.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Select the configuration file that is used by MES.
> > > > >
> > > > > - On the Application sheet scroll down until you find MESCustomMenuID.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Enter the unique ID that you gave to the sub process Menu Id in step2.
> > > > >
> > > > > - Click Save and then close the application.
> > > > >
> > > > > HINT: Step 9 must be repeated for each client that runs MES and for the server client.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Attachments:
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of TimM
> > > > > Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 PM
> > > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > > Subject: [Vantage] 8.03.410 MES Button Customization
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Need some help from the forum...
> > > > >
> > > > > I've followed the help instructions in 8.03.410 and have researched on the forum but I'm still not able to display my customized button. When in customizing mode (/mesc) I see the customization. When I select it I see the customized button and I can click on the button which will bring up my dashboard...however if I login normally (-MES) the button is blank.
> > > > >
> > > > > Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ________________________________
> > > > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > > > >
> > > > > The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.
> > > > >
> > > > > "This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>