10.2 Upgrade - Compile Error

Apologies for those reading via emails, posted before I had finishing…

My query is with the below code. Works great in 10.1.600.x, but it’s not compiling in 10.2.200.6. The error is:

Error: CS0246 - line 118 (956) - The type or namespace name ‘PartBinSearchImpl’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error: CS0103 - line 118 (956) - The name ‘PartBinSearchImpl’ does not exist in the current context

private decimal GetLotQOH(string strPartNum, string strLotNum)
{	
	try
	{
		var session = (Ice.Core.Session)oTrans.Session; 
		var bo = WCFServiceSupport.CreateImpl<PartBinSearchImpl>(session, PartBinSearchImpl.UriPath);
		var ds = bo.GetPartBinByLot(strPartNum, strLotNum);

return ds.PartBinSearch[0].QtyOnHand ;

} catch (Exception ex) {
		MessageBox.Show("Cannot locate PartBin record: " + ex.Message) ;
		return 0;
	}
}

You are probably missing a using…(or a DLL reference) make sure to bring in the reference to
Erp.Contracts.BO.PartBinSearch

and either add a using Erp.Proxy.BO;
or reference it lik so
Erp.Proxy.BO.PartBinSearchImpl

1 Like

Right – it was the missing Erp.Proxy.BO using directive. BUT, strangely it is in the 10.1.600 version which works.

Using Customisation Maintenance I modified the form, added the using directive back in, and it compiles and tests just fine. SAVE, then close the form and try validate again. Still fails for the same error. When I go back in, the Erp.Proxy.BO reference has been stripped out.

E10.2 is actually removing this reference by itself for some reason???

@josecgomez have you seen E10.2 behave like I am describing? The using directive is present in 10.1, and I can add it to 10.2 and the compile error goes away but saving and re-opening it’s gone.

E10.2 is deleting it??

That’s odd… that should’nt be happening. Is this a dashboard? or a BPM Form?

Neither, it’s a customisation of Ice.UD40 form…

Does it keep anything else? add a comment I’ve seen this happen before but it doesn’t let you save anything (not even a comment)

Just tested it again, and it’s saving now… I have definitely restarted app pool since last time I posted, so perhaps that cleared it up… THANK YOU! :smiley:

1 Like