10.2.700.3 Upgrade - Active revision for transaction type AR Invoice was not found

We’re in the process of upgrading from 10.2.100.10 to 10.2.700.3 and we’ve encountered a weird issue when we try to do a cash counter sale. After we’ve entered an order and click process a counter sale the following error pops up:

Server Side Exception

Active revision for transaction type AR Invoice was not found.

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Correlation ID: 8f2eff5c-ca93-4219-95b2-28017a58d4e2
Description: Active revision for transaction type AR Invoice was not found.
Program: Erp.Internal.PE.PEABT.dll
Method: AbtCreateABT
Line Number: 1047
Column Number: 21
Original Exception Type: GlobalException

Client Stack Trace

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)
at Erp.Proxy.BO.SalesOrderImpl.ProcessCounterSale(Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lGeneratePackingSlip, Boolean lGenerateInvoice, Boolean lReadyToShip, String cCreditShipAction, String& cPackNum, Int32& iInvoiceNum, String& opMessage, SalesOrderDataSet ds)
at Erp.Adapters.SalesOrderAdapter.ProcessCounterSale(Int32 iOrderNum, Boolean lGeneratePackingSlip, Boolean lGenerateInvoice, Boolean lReadyToShip, String cCreditShipAction, String& cPackNum, Int32& iInvoiceNum, String& opMessage)

The app server and database server are two separate VMs. We’re running Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019.

Thanks.

Sounds like the ACT isn’t imported / active.

You need to import your posting rules. Epicor support has a great guide that I don’t have handy at the moment. Check with your accounting team to understand if you have an custom rules.

3 Likes

Load the AR Invoice type and check if it is active:

Thanks for the info. I needed to go into the Import GL Transaction Type window and re-import for the base posting rules for AR Invoice. After doing that I made that version of the AR Invoice rules as active and now the error is no longer thrown on the counter sale.

Great job!