10.2.200 (BAQ calculation)

Do fields used in a calculation also have to be displayed? I am using several fields from the Part Cost table to come up with a total cost, however, I really do not want to display them in the BAQ. Never had to in the past… so I am wondering if there is an additional step that needs to be done. I keep getting the following when I analyze the query:

Column ‘Erp.JobAsmbl.LLALaborCost’ is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
Column ‘Erp.JobAsmbl.LLABurdenCost’ is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
Column ‘Erp.JobAsmbl.LLAMaterialCost’ is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
Column ‘Erp.JobAsmbl.LLASubcontractCost’ is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
Column ‘Erp.JobAsmbl.LLAMtlBurCost’ is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
Carol

You shouldn’t have to. There is something else wrong. I’ve had that pop up for me too. I just can’t remember how I fixed it.

Is this all of one level? Or are you working with sub-queries?

And what are you grouping by?

This works for me.

My calculation looks similar to yours.
JobOperTable is in a SubQuery because I am returning just the first operation sequence.

You need to sum the field. Sum(put your stuff here)

Thank you so much … that worked.
I am not getting any data returned yet, but it compiles.
Thanks!!

1 Like