0 Received Costs Mfg-Var Doesn't Update

Hello,

Here’s the scenario:

1. Part 123 had no Standard Cost.
  2. Created a job for Part 123 and produced it. Operation is complete, and then the job is complete.
  3. Prior to closing the job it was noticed that the Received Costs were 0.00, as no Std Cost had been added to Part 123. All costs would have gone to Mfg-Var.
  4. Cost Adjustment done to Part 123 to give it a Std Cost.
  5. Job was Closed with the assumption that Epicor would pick up the new Received Costs based on the Std Cost added to Part 123 and therefore not ALL costs would go to Mfg-Var. Only the difference between the Actual and this updated Received Cost would go to Mfg-Var.
  6. Ran Capture COS/WIP and saw that ALL costs were still going to Mfg-Var.

Why does Epicor not recalculate the variances based on the new Std Cost/Received Cost?

I have not tested, but I would assume the JobAsmbl values are what is used for the MFG-VAR transaction rather than looking back at the part’s current cost.

Ok that makes sense if the received cost is already tied to the JobAsmbl, hadn’t considered that yet.

That being the case, what would need to happen to correct a $0 Received Cost if production was already reported on the job? Can you even do it as all labor would have been reported already once production has reported qty, in our case that would also issue out all the materials too. To correct the costs at the JobAsbml wouldn’t you have to delete all and ‘re-get details’ for the job, that couldn’t happen as labor/mtl transactions will have been placed against the job.

I am working on a Job Variance project, I built a dashboard to show the variance that will get posted once we close jobs and so we saw a part that had this $0 Received Cost, I assumed we could correct the costing and then close the job which would post the correct variance. I guess I can’t rely on catching these $0 costs at Job Closing and we’ll need to tighten up the timing of adding std costs to new parts prior to job creation.

This is a battle I have been fighting for a couple of years. We are fifo actual, so this may vary for you, but once the last piece is shipped or received to stock from the job anything after that even by a second is a variance.

I update the JobMtl estimated costs when we kit to make them as close to actual in timing and that updates the JobAsmbl TLE costs.

I do not know if making a job adjustment would reclaim the variance on a standard costed job, but you might play with that in a test instance.