Zero Dollar Parts

I am not sure if this would work for you but you could setup a customer owned material warehouse with a $0 material. You have to write a special type of PO for it but this works for not having added material cost to WIP.

Quick question, does anyone know of a way to add $0 parts to a warehouse or a specific bin and not have those parts effect the costing of the part? We are using average costing.

Tyler

If the part has a costing method of Average, then I don’t think you achieve what you are looking for.
I would guess that you could quantity adjust those parts in and not have that impact the average value but they would be costed at average and transacted at the average cost.

You would need to switch to Lot Average in order to have separate lots for the same part number with different costs.

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:12 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Zero Dollar Parts

Quick question, does anyone know of a way to add $0 parts to a warehouse or a specific bin and not have those parts effect the costing of the part? We are using average costing.

Tyler

This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete this information from your computer.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Thanks Joe, I’ll talk to our accounting team.

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 3:19 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Zero Dollar Parts

***WARNING E-MAIL FROM OUTSIDE ULTRAX NETWORK***

If the part has a costing method of Average, then I don’t think you achieve what you are looking for.
I would guess that you could quantity adjust those parts in and not have that impact the average value but they would be costed at average and transacted at the average cost.

You would need to switch to Lot Average in order to have separate lots for the same part number with different costs.

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:12 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Zero Dollar Parts

Tyler

This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete this information from your computer.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain material that (1) is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient, (2) is proprietary and may be protected by a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), mutual NDA or other agreement, and (3) is restricted from export by either the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Violations of these export laws are subject to severe civil and criminal penalties. Any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying by an unintended recipient, including access by any U.S. foreign national regardless of their location without prior approval from the appropriate U.S. export control authority, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify sender with reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and enclosed attachments.