Write BAQ Results to a UD Table

I have a BAQ that returns invoices by customer for several years. I want to use this BAQ as the basis for reports. Once I return the initial BAQ results how would I get those into a UD table?

DMT is easiest, customization can be more automated. BPM could do it too. Pick your poison.

I just did what you are talking about.

2 Likes

you can skip the saving those to a UD table and just convert the BAQ into the datasource for an SSRS report directly. Is the BAQ resource intensive/does it take a long time to execute?

2 Likes

Yes the BAQ is intensive, which is why i was going to split it up into a few of them to make it faster.

You should look into excutive BAQs they are made for this

2 Likes

@josecgomez +1
Yes, this is exactly what Executive BAQ’s are for, little used feature, but it’s very nice. It kinda works like data cubes as it summarizes based on your dimensions.
Basically, after creating your normal BAQ to feed the Executive BAQ, you then create the Executive BAQ to use your BAQ, specifying where to store the results and if you want the full dataset rewritten or appended and in what ways. Then just schedule your Executive BAQ to run nightly or weekly or whatever. Then build a BAQ on the Executive BAQ results table and use those results for your Dashboard or BAQ Report.
The Embedded Help covers this. And there is a good Epicor Course called ‘Build Executive Dashboards’ while I think explains this pretty well.

8 Likes

@Rick_Bird +1 for sharing a resource to learn more about this.
https://erpcustomer.epicor.com/lms/catalog/viewCourse?courseUid=1921

1 Like

Is the executive BAQ feature available in 10.1.400.38?

yes. I think you need a module license to use it though. I don’t know if it’s called executive queries or shop vision.

It has been Executive Query as long as I can remember and I don’t really see a module license explicitly for it and cannot recall an installation that did not have it. It is located under Executive Analysis - Business Activity Management - Gen Ops

3 Likes

Nah its included with base I believe.

1 Like

I see that. Thx.

1 Like

For “easiest” you could schedule your current BAQ for off hours and have it export into a CSV file, BAQ Export Process. Then use DMT to import it the next day. As noted, its a manual process but could be a good stop-gap until the BPMs/Customization are created as well.

Has anyone seen any classes that include this (executive queries) at insights?

Anyone able to do a short tutorial on this. I am looking at the Embedded Help, well, the dimensions are throwing me off a bit.

I think they have a few times over the years. I couldn’t find anything in the last few years of Lab Books I have.

Ken,
The Course Guide is much better as it walks you through setting one up.
All the course guides should be on your Epicor server as they are part of the install.
They are PDF files. This one is called build.executive.dashboard.pdf

2 Likes

Looks at the Ice Tools Guide under Executive Dashboard and see if that helps to explain the dimensions. It has a couple nice examples of how the data sits before and after.

3 Likes

I tried the Executive Dashboards but it looked a little too complicated for me in the time constraint I have. So I DMTd summaries into a table and did some separate BAQ’s on those to summarize and calculate columns.