Where is the "AR Account GL Control" set in Epicor?

Where is the “AR Account GL Control” set in Epicor?

I’m trying to decipher the hierarchy of PLT-STK in the Inventory Transaction Hierarchy guide. I’ll tell you, it’s a doozy because the hierarchy on this one is not 1,2,3,4; it’s 4, 4a, 4b, 4c. Instead, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 ALL happen (with interdivisional accounting turned on in the transfer definition).

For debit #4 (see pic), I know that:

• 4, the “Product Group GL control” is set in Product Group Maintenance

• 4b, the “Company’s AR Account GL control” is set in Company Configuration , under Modules > All Modules > GL Control

• 4c, the “Contra Revenue Account from Transfer Definition” is set in Site Configuration , under Inventory > Transfer Definition > GL Control

But where is 4a set? Where is the “AR Account GL Control”? I would have thought Company Configuration, but that’s 4b.

Edit

Did I merely re-describe 4b?

==============================

1. General Ledger -> Setup -> GL Control Maint
  2. Select the AR Account type
  3. Search for your GLC (the one specified in the company config)
  4. Select the Account -> List tab

The AR Account GLC being used is probaly the one set here:

FTR - I named most of my GLC’s ‘default’, when there is only one GLC for the type.

When I will have several GLC’s for a type, I’ll name them with the type as a prefix. For example, my GLC’s for ProdGrp’s begin with ‘PG_’

I believe you can also assign an AR GL CONTROL to specific customers.
not often done - but it is used occasionally

it/'s the same GL control in the company default - just specific to the customer

Yep, we use it for inter-company orders with entities not yet on Epicor.

Is that what “4a)” is implying?

if the shoe fits :slight_smile:

yes

@ckrusen Right, I see yours as 4b.
@amaragni and @Mark_Wonsil So, I’ll give that a whirl but I don’t get it. This is a plant transfer. What customer do I use?

A plant to plant transfer shouldn’t hit any AR accounts. Only inventory and an In-transit account.

1 Like

@ckrusen Yes it does, if you use interdivisional accounting, which we want to.

Okay … Plus we are only multi-site, not multi-company.

Has the STK-PLT transaction happened? Because that has the same hierarchy (but CR’s and DB’s are swapped).

EDIT

Wow am I missing left and right on this topic…

It’s actually pretty crazy. Here are all of the accounts it hits for one PLT-STK transaction (not even showing the two for STK-PLT on the other side):

If I put a division in the Consolidated Division account on the Transfer Definition, it kills off about half (the revenue, asset and COS) but leaves AR, AP, contra AR and AP, inventory, in-transit and variance.

Yes…

A single STK-PLT tran created all those GL entries ?!?!

PLT-STK, but yes.

STK-PLT only makes 2.

1 Like

I was also under the impression that only one of the list in the Hierarchy docs would happen.

If GLC exists for condition 1 (Part GL Control), then use that GLC & exit
Else If GLC exists for condition 1a (PartClass GL Control), then use that GLC & exit
Else If GLC exists for condition 1b (Inv & COS GL Control), then use that GLC & exit
Else If GLC exists for condition 2 (Transfer AR Account from Transfer Definition), then use that GLC & exit
Else …

Ahhhh …

@JasonMcD - you look at all the details of a PLT-STK tran in the "Inventory Transactions Technical Reference Guide " ?

Yeah, no, it’s a monster, this one.

• Seven debits and seven credits if interdivisional accounting and no value in Consolidated Division
  • Five and five if interdivisional accounting and a valid value in Consolidated Division
  • And like 2 and 2 if no interdivisional accounting (can’t recall exactly)

From the Inventory Tran Doc …

Selection Criteria:

(COSAndWIP--PartTran--Details--Tran Type = PLT-ASM  OR
   COSAndWIP--PartTran--Details--TranType = PLT-MTL OR
   COSAndWIP--PartTran--Details--Tran Type = PLT-STK ) 
And COSAndWIP--PartTran--Details--IsReverted = False 
And COSAndWIP--PartTran--site Transfer--Is InterDivisional = True

From just one of the many trans:

Calvin,

I’m not really clear what that is telling me, except it posts to revenue accounts if it’s a PLT-something type and is interdivisional.