Visual Studio Code Extension for Epicor 10 Customization

ok I just published a new version to visual studio code store V 43 (may take a minute or two to show up for update / download)
That should fix this issue for SSO. I can’t test it in 500 myself but I believe it is fixed. I was able to test it in a different SSO version.
Download the new version of the extension, close Visual Studio Code , re-launch, re-open a customization and try again

CC: @Hally this should solve it for you too

PS: Download new versions of the DLL too

3 Likes

Jose,

Wanted to give you more feedback.

I downloaded both the new VS Code version (now 0.44) and the latest helper library files. I am no longer seeing the errors due to themes but still having issues when trying to debug. When trying to use dnSpy nothing happens, again could be my setup, have not dug into that yet. When I use Visual Studio to debug I am getting a Win32 exception

"System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception’ occurred in System.dll
Additional information: The system cannot find the file specified

I have sporadic success with some customizations downloading (opening) and others not, seems to be screens that are sub-screens of others that do not open. For instance I have a customization on the ShiftSelect form which opens from the Clock In process of MES, It is named the same as the main MES form customization, Part Tracker and Part Tracker - Where Used same thing. I use blank dashboards as blank forms to write my own custom applications inside Epicor and those also do not want to open, or download into the Epicor\Customs folder.

Scott

Thanks Scott,
The issue with the regular Epicor Debugging i’m guessing has to do with the fact that it wants you to run it from Epicor (not much I can do I’ll poke about a little but I doubt I’ll be able to fix that)
DNSpy “nothing happens”… Can you send me a little more info on your setup for that?

Also your profile says you are in 10.1.500 is that the version you are testing this on? It appears something changed in the subforms from 10.1.X to 10.2.X so I’ll see if I can figure that out.

Thanks for the feedback keep it coming.

Yes, 101.500.46 currently. I got DNSpy working, my setup

Thanks for all the assistance

Scott

1 Like

Thanks Scott!

All,
Ported a version of this to Visual Studio (proper), see it here. Same code base

Just FYI only for VS 2017+

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for this. Intellisense sorely missed in epicor.

Question: As a developer that works on every version of Epicor out there for clients,
do you have any tips on managing libraries for each version ? Do you see an optimal setup
scenario to address this ?

thanks

Max Jeric - Tekro

1 Like

I downloaded and tested this out today and so far it is awesome! One thing that I noticed is that it clears out all saved comments on the Customization (when you click save and can add notes/comments about what was changed). I keep a log of what I’ve changed and when so that I can go back and review if necessary. Not a huge problem, but would be beneficial to be able to keep that log of saved notes/comments. Thanks!

1 Like

Hmm I didn’t notice that interesting I’ll check it out.

Also, do you think you could allow the addition of comments into that Save comments box when we sync up? If not, no big deal, but would just be a nice bonus feature. Thanks again for all you have done with this so far!

4 Likes

@JohnB @Mark_G_Coldwell this is a VS Code extension… there is also a Visual Studio Extension :slight_smile:

O recommend the visual studio one is more cohesive and tightly Integrated

1 Like

V neat, would like to try this out. Let us know when you get a chance to update the helper library for 10.2.400! We upgraded recently :frowning:

You can find them here Epicor Customization Editor for Visual Studio - Visual Studio Marketplace

It’s already available for 400 in
Visual Studio

XPost

3 Likes

Just added support for 10.2.500.X to the Library, the Helper can be downloaded from the extension page at Visual Studio Extensions Site.

2 Likes

Using 10.2.300, I had it all setup and working in VS Code a month or so ago. When I went back to try and use it yesterday to debug something, I keep getting this:

I’ve uninstalled, and reinstalled the VS Code extension.
I’ve cleared the local cache folder that is specified under settings.

It’s downloading the files to the local cache, and I can see the code within VS - but not able to use the “debug”

That message has always been there happens when the code is changed in epicor and not on VS Code just letting you know stuff may get over-written
But clicking past it should work

1 Like

But I haven’t changed anything in E10 - literally started with a blank cache locally in VS Code, and still get that?