Vantage 8.03.409C in Windows 7

Thanks everyone.

I finally figured out the solution, for anyone reading this in the future, the problem is When users with Windows 7 Professional tried to view a report generated using Crystal, the report would display inside a Vantage window for less than a second, then crash..

What i did was i had to go to the epicor website and log into picweb. then i search for "Crystal XI R2 .NET 1.1 Runtime". I setup it up on the client machine and now Vantage works like on XP in windows 7. 

thanks!!!

Jose 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

What type of report, the only problem that I has is with Crystal Reports.
I had to install the full version of Crystal Reports on the workstation to get Crystal Reports to print.

If you want to print multiple copies of a crystal report your printer will not collate them

other things that I have found running 8.03.409C on Window 7 ultimate 64
company maintenance – company displays blank, no access to info at all
if you use copy order in sales order the copy box doesn't pop up
these are thing that don’t work for mine windows 7 computers, not sure how it is on anybody else's

Gary Wojtowicz
AJR Industries, Inc.

Hello All,
I been reading on the forum that people have succesfully installed the client in windows 7 for vantage 8.03.409c. 

i am trying to experiment how well it works. the entire office is still on XP. I installed vantage 8.03.409c on a windows 7 computer. Does anyone have a working client803 folder i can see?  I installed the client and i can sign on but when i try to print a report i get mfgsys.exe has stopped sorking and then it closes.. Any ideas?

thanks
Jose
I have a client who is on 8.03.408 and we installed and use Windows 7 64 bit without issue.  Now they do have local admin rights and UAC is turned off.  Did you do that as well?

Chad

Hello All,
I been reading on the forum that people have succesfully installed the client in windows 7 for vantage 8.03.409c. 

i am trying to experiment how well it works. the entire office is still on XP. I installed vantage 8.03.409c on a windows 7 computer. Does anyone have a working client803 folder i can see?  I installed the client and i can sign on but when i try to print a report i get mfgsys.exe has stopped sorking and then it closes.. Any ideas?

thanks
Jose

Thanks Chad,

I just tried turning the UAC off to no avail. I am working on windows 7 32 bit. I dont think it matters... Did you have to do anything to the client803 folder when installing it in windows 7?

thanks

Jose 

I have a client who is on 8.03.408 and we installed and use Windows 7 64 bit without issue.  Now they do have local admin rights and UAC is turned off.  Did you do that as well?

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose

Thanks Chad. I just tried turning off the UAC. I still get the mfgsys.exe has stopped working after i print preivew a report. I di have admin local rights. It doestn matter i am trying it on a windows 7 32 bit. You didnt have to adjust anything on vantage?

Jose

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose

Ok after turning off UAC make sure to reboot as it wont take effect until reboot.  No 32 bit or 64 bit shouldn't matter and I did not have to do anything special to get our client running on Windows 7.

Maybe if you could look in the application event log on one of the offending Windows 7 pc's that Vantage is closing on and find the event that shows the crash of mfgsys.exe (if one exists) and post it here.  Maybe something in the event log will say something.  Also maybe just reinstall the Crystal reports run time that is/should be located in the install directory.  In our Install folder its in a sub folder called Crystal and then just run the setup.exe and if asked maybe repair it, then reboot any try again.

Chad

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <neverunmacron@...> wrote:

Thanks Chad,

I just tried turning the UAC off to no avail. I am working on windows 7 32 bit. I dont think it matters... Did you have to do anything to the client803 folder when installing it in windows 7?

thanks

Jose 

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose

I can’t remember 100%, but we had very similar problems. We’re on .405.  When some users would try to print a (not all...just some) Vantage report, a similar error would come up and blow us out of Vantage. Not every user got it.  Again, if I remember correct, there was a driver problem for the report type after we went to Windows 7. The error was pretty cryptic, but  I know it was something off the wall like that, and the problem did end up being corrected.  Maybe just something else to think about.

Kurt

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <csullivan@...> wrote:

Ok after turning off UAC make sure to reboot as it wont take effect until reboot.  No 32 bit or 64 bit shouldn't matter and I did not have to do anything special to get our client running on Windows 7.

Maybe if you could look in the application event log on one of the offending Windows 7 pc's that Vantage is closing on and find the event that shows the crash of mfgsys.exe (if one exists) and post it here.  Maybe something in the event log will say something.  Also maybe just reinstall the Crystal reports run time that is/should be located in the install directory.  In our Install folder its in a sub folder called Crystal and then just run the setup.exe and if asked maybe repair it, then reboot any try again.

Chad

Thanks Chad,

thanks

Jose 

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose
What type of report, the only problem that I has is with Crystal Reports.
I had to install the full version of Crystal Reports on the workstation to get Crystal Reports to print.

If you want to print multiple copies of a crystal report your printer will not collate them

other things that I have found running 8.03.409C on Window 7 ultimate 64
company maintenance – company displays blank, no access to info at all
if you use copy order in sales order the copy box doesn't pop up
these are thing that don’t work for mine windows 7 computers, not sure how it is on anybody else's

Gary Wojtowicz
AJR Industries, Inc.

I currently have Vantage 8.03.410 (previously 409/408) running  on Windows 7 machines. Both 64/32 bit.

We had the same crashing problem. You need to install a newer version of the Crystal Reports Runtime.

The one I use is "Crystal Reports XI R2 .Net 3.0 Runtime SP5.msi" .

I -think- if you preview the report first, it won't crash. Its sending directly to the printer that caused it. It's been awhile, but the problem went away when I used the later service pack.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <kurt.baker@...> wrote:

I can’t remember 100%, but we had very similar problems. We’re on .405.  When some users would try to print a (not all...just some) Vantage report, a similar error would come up and blow us out of Vantage. Not every user got it.  Again, if I remember correct, there was a driver problem for the report type after we went to Windows 7. The error was pretty cryptic, but  I know it was something off the wall like that, and the problem did end up being corrected.  Maybe just something else to think about.

Kurt

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <csullivan@...> wrote:

Chad

Thanks Chad,

thanks

Jose 

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose

Thanks Chad i had to reboot after turning off the UAC.

Great news is that i figured out what was the problem. It is with the crystal report runtime. I had to go to epicor epic web site an sear for  "Crystal XI R2 .NET 1.1 Runtime" After i downloaded it onto the windows 7 machine, it works perfectly! thanks Chad

For anyone reading this the problem was When users with Windows 7 Professional tried to view a report generated using Crystal, the report would display inside a Vantage window for less than a second, then crash.

Jose

Chad

Thanks Chad,

thanks

Jose 

Chad

Hello All,

thanks
Jose