Validate UD Field Using Table or Query

Looking to validate a UD field matching a DMR No to PODetail for reference. I would like for the users to be able to type in the DMR number associated with the PO Line, but validate whether or not it is a legit DMR Number. I initially did it using a dropdown with a BAQCombo, but that can get lengthy over time. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what the BPM would be to do this? Can it be done without code?

I apologize in advance if there is a post somewhere covering this, but I’ve only found ones similar, but not exact.

Would it help if the BAQCombomo also filtered on the part number? That way the user would only see DMR #'s for that PartNum.

Thanks Calvin. I did a calculated field using DMR-Part Number, but again wanted to move away from a dropdown list as it will get really long over time. I also had it sorted by latest DMR Num so they wouldn’t have to search very far. It typically would be a recent DMR number.

Add a beforeFieldChange event to your textbox. On this event you can validate the entered value using an Adapter search and if you have free time, you can add a search button that displays the search window to facilitate data entry.