Unique file name attachment BPM

Bump?

I need help here. I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure this one out. 

Thanks in advance.

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <don.n.doan@...> wrote:

So i'm trying to do this with a customization on the attachment rename form.  Its the form that pulls up when there is a file already with a name being used.  I'm trying to create a menu maintenance process to use the customization, but i cannot find the dll for that specific program. 

Does anyone know where that dll is located and its name?  Through the customization form it says ui.attachments.attachmentrenameform but i'm not seeing anything like that.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <brenda@...> wrote:

I put my customized menu under processes in the menu maint so I have a MenuID to call.

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 12:27 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] RE: Unique file name attachment BPM

The attachments we have are mostly from email.  And without service connect I do not think that solution would work.  A BPM won't fire without a method/data change called by epicor.  

I wrote a customization to modify the name of the file on the "Attachment rename" form.  It basically auto-populates a unique prefix to the file name if it pulls up the form for a file name that already exist.  

Now my question is, how do I get this to open the customized form?  It calls the base form for renaming an attachment but I don't know how to set it to the customized one.  Normally I would just change it to the customization in the menu maintenance but for this one I don't know where it is.

Never say Never :D  Our attachments come into a designated email, are stripped.  With a little Batch file, we pull any new files send a copy to the Epicor Server location, throw it into an OCR program, create an instructions file (where the rename is done with data from the document), run a service connect (or I guess you could do the BPM at this point) and Wha La!

IF Exist C:\PDF\EpicorReady\*.pdf (           

DIR /b C:\PDF\EpicorReady\*.pdf > C:\PDF\EpicorReady\list1.txt

For /F "tokens=* delims=" %%A in (C:\PDF\EpicorReady\List1.txt) Do Echo C:\PDF\EpicorReady\%%A >> C:\PDF\EpicorReady\InFiles.txt

copy C:\PDF\EpicorReady\*.pdf \\HUMTOWN.LOCAL\Humtown\Epicor\10\InvcHead\*.pdf

PDECMD.exe -R"packextract1" -F"C:\PDF\EpicorReady\InFiles.txt" -O"v:\" -TCSV -PE

DEL C:\PDF\EpicorReady\*.pdf

DEL C:\PDF\EpicorReady\*.txt )

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dansirow@...
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 12:44 PM
Subject: RE: RE: [Vantage] RE: Unique file name attachment BPM

We do something similar, we attach source documents to sales orders.  We wrote a customization to rename the scanned file to Order-nnnnnnn.pdf  Then it calls the BO to attach the document, this is triggered from a custom button on the sales order screen.  I don't think you can do it with a BPM because the file is on the client and the BPM runs on the server.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

How good are you at using batch commands?  Sometimes the “old” tricks work best.  Maybe watch for the files to come in and then act on them.  You can rename with date/time stamp added to the original name or something. 

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of don.n.doan@...
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:36 PM

Thanks Brenda for the tip on XFileRef.

It seems my BPM is affecting the XFileRef table and putting in exactly what I want.  It's still dropping the file as the original name though. It seems like its dropping the file into the folder before the execution of the BPM even though its pre-process.  

Attachments can be a pain.  I did a trace and came up w/

<businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.ARInvoice</businessObject>

<methodName>GetNewInvcHeadAttch</methodName>

The table that holds the “connection” info is the XFileRef table.  So you would need to change names in the paths too.

Maybe Someplace to start…..

Brenda

Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 12:31 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Unique file name attachment BPM

We are attaching files to project entry.  We're running into the issue of all files being located in one folder and I'm trying to modify the file name with the project ID to separate the files from each other.  We attach a lot of images that use names like Photo1.jpeg for example.  We constantly run into the problem that the file already exists in the attachment folder because its already in there from a previous project.

I'm trying to make a BPM that will take the file name "photo1.jpeg" and rename it "photo1 - project123.jpeg" or something similar to that.  But i'm having trouble getting it to actually rename the file.  

I've tried using project.update (with a filename trigger) and project.getnewprojectattch on the pre-processing side.  Changing the ttprojectattch.filename in the update only changes the dataview name but it still ends up in the attachment folder as "photo1.jpeg" so its losing its link to the attachment.  It doesn't seem to change anything with the project.getnewprojectattch method but it still triggers my test message box.

Can anyone help me out? Perhaps I'm using the wrong method?

We are attaching files to project entry.  We're running into the issue of all files being located in one folder and I'm trying to modify the file name with the project ID to separate the files from each other.  We attach a lot of images that use names like Photo1.jpeg for example.  We constantly run into the problem that the file already exists in the attachment folder because its already in there from a previous project.

I'm trying to make a BPM that will take the file name "photo1.jpeg" and rename it "photo1 - project123.jpeg" or something similar to that.  But i'm having trouble getting it to actually rename the file.  

I've tried using project.update (with a filename trigger) and project.getnewprojectattch on the pre-processing side.  Changing the ttprojectattch.filename in the update only changes the dataview name but it still ends up in the attachment folder as "photo1.jpeg" so its losing its link to the attachment.  It doesn't seem to change anything with the project.getnewprojectattch method but it still triggers my test message box.

The table that holds the “connection” info is the XFileRef table.  So you would need to change names in the paths too.

Brenda

It seems my BPM is affecting the XFileRef table and putting in exactly what I want.  It's still dropping the file as the original name though. It seems like its dropping the file into the folder before the execution of the BPM even though its pre-process.  

Brenda

How good are you at using batch commands?  Sometimes the “old” tricks work best.  Maybe watch for the files to come in and then act on them.  You can rename with date/time stamp added to the original name or something. 

Brenda

Brenda

We do something similar, we attach source documents to sales orders.  We wrote a customization to rename the scanned file to Order-nnnnnnn.pdf  Then it calls the BO to attach the document, this is triggered from a custom button on the sales order screen.  I don't think you can do it with a BPM because the file is on the client and the BPM runs on the server.

Brenda

Brenda

Never say Never :D  Our attachments come into a designated email, are stripped.  With a little Batch file, we pull any new files send a copy to the Epicor Server location, throw it into an OCR program, create an instructions file (where the rename is done with data from the document), run a service connect (or I guess you could do the BPM at this point) and Wha La!

For /F "tokens=* delims=" %%A in (C:\PDF\EpicorReady\List1.txt) Do Echo C:\PDF\EpicorReady\%%A >> C:\PDF\EpicorReady\InFiles.txt

PDECMD.exe -R"packextract1" -F"C:\PDF\EpicorReady\InFiles.txt" -O"v:\" -TCSV -PE

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dansirow@...

Brenda

Brenda

The attachments we have are mostly from email.  And without service connect I do not think that solution would work.  A BPM won't fire without a method/data change called by epicor.  

I wrote a customization to modify the name of the file on the "Attachment rename" form.  It basically auto-populates a unique prefix to the file name if it pulls up the form for a file name that already exist.  

Now my question is, how do I get this to open the customized form?  It calls the base form for renaming an attachment but I don't know how to set it to the customized one.  Normally I would just change it to the customization in the menu maintenance but for this one I don't know where it is.

Brenda

Brenda

Brenda

I put my customized menu under processes in the menu maint so I have a MenuID to call.

Brenda

Brenda

Brenda

Brenda

So i'm trying to do this with a customization on the attachment rename form.  Its the form that pulls up when there is a file already with a name being used.  I'm trying to create a menu maintenance process to use the customization, but i cannot find the dll for that specific program. 

Does anyone know where that dll is located and its name?  Through the customization form it says ui.attachments.attachmentrenameform but i'm not seeing anything like that.

Brenda

Brenda

Brenda

Brenda