Transaction does not balance error in Review Journal

Hi folks,

I am not much in finance knowledge so I insist to help me in below issue.
When posting AR Invoice of type Shipment, it get into Review Journal mentioning Transaction does not balance.
When I see, I get debit value showing but credit value is 0 due to this error coming.
We are using general AR tagging in company configuration. I have notice earlier posted invoice, even though product group is not there, it is successfully posting it.

Another scenario is credit value is double the debit value due to this again same error is coming.
My inputs I will share, I have checked gl account linking of product group, customer, currency, payment method. Now what more i need to check I am not getting.

My friends, kindly let me know what I need to check to avoid this kind of error.

Thanks in advance,
Hanky (Hancock)

Delete the journal in Review Journal and try posting again. There might be a GL missing in the GL control code defined for the product group or the default in the company. Check the customer if it has the AR code defined on it.

Vinay Kamboj

Hello Vinay Sir,

I tried this way but couldn’t succeed.
I doubt I am missing some GL internally. What precaution I need to take to post successfully.

Does the Edit List show the in-balance?

You might get some better mileage if you enable the PE log for those transactions and try posting again. Don’t forget to turn it off again after though.

Hi Calvin,

In Edit List print, its showing value in Debit side and 0 on Credit Side. (this same is showing in Review Journal)

What to check to get value in Credit Side too

You should be able to predict what the GL listing of the edit should look like. Inspect the GL controls for the associated transactions. And possibly if a GL account has the wrong type (normally debits vs normally credits)

Also, check the summary sheet on the invoice entry. We had an invoice that had an orphaned Misc Charge being added in. The line totals didnt add up to the invoice total.

We’ve experienced this problem in the past. I’m not a finance person myself but I believe it was caused by the Invoice Date not matching the Shipment Date. Hope that helps!