This OperationContextScope is being disposed on a different thread

So I’ve heard this before and consistently. So now I’m curious. Why is the personalization so flaky but the customization better? Is it because the personalization is built on top of the customization so the foundation is weaker? Or is there a fundamental difference to how they are made/coded. Since you can take a personalization, and basically make it into a customization (which is what you have to do sometimes for certain types of layout modifications), you would think that customizations would have some of the same problems.

We received this error today when task agent was generating EDI 856 docs during shipment processing. First time I’ve seen that error for this process. The related XML files were created and the other 15 or so 856’s created around that time were printed. Just the two with the error did not.

This process is based off a standard BPM on the ShipHead, Personalization doesn’t come into play. Anyone seen this error in a similar situation?

Guess what’s back…

This time it’s happening upon log in. It came with the new update 10.2.400.7. Oh I just love new bugs! :slight_smile:

Reported to Epicor.

1 Like

Please include the ticket number - I will escalate

2 Likes

No problem. The ticket number is: CS0001605829

1 Like

I thought I would update this thread.

Problem was that when logging Back into Epicor the following error would display:

The fix turns out to be a new Ice.Core.Session.dll file added to the Config folder on your computer. The new .dll works like a charm.

This file is obtained from Epicor Support only. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m currently on 10.2.400.7 and have opened a couple of tickets with Epicor but was shot down then and shot down on the most recent one when trying to obtain the updated Ice.Core.Session.dll file to fix my OperationContextScope error that is only getting more and more prevalent. I am planning on upgrading to the latest Kinetic at some point this year. Is there any other way to obtain the dll file???
I apologize for waking such an old thread.
Thanks,
Chris

Sure, here you go. Before you use this .dll test this in your pilot environment.

ERPS-120217.zip (51.7 KB)

1 Like

Thank you!