The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document

I am trying to debug a BPM using Visual Studio. I am able to attach to the w3wp.exe file on the Epicor server. When I go to set a breakpoint I receive the message:
The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document.

I have dragged all the files from the:
\server\E10Web\E101SWTestApp\Server\BPM\Sources\BO\JobEntry.ChangeJobHeadProdTeamID\XXX
folder into visual studio.

The web.config on the server has been changed to: loadPdb=“true”

Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution to it?

I set this up following:

Have you found a resolution to this issue? I’m running into the very same problem. I’m using the Epicor ERP C# Programming Guide 10.1 that describes the steps, including the web.config file property, but I continue to not have the symbols loaded.

I misread the settings for the debugger Options. Enable Just My Code and Require source files to exactly match the original version must be UNCHECKED. I had them checked which was my problem. Symbols now load and debugger breakpoints now work.

Yes - that’s what worked for me as well.

I’ve tried all those settings and still no luck.
I assume you mean the options in Visual Studio under Debug->Options:

• Debugging->General->Enable Just My Code: CHECKED
  • Debugging->General->Enable Just My Code->Warn if No User Code on Launch: CHECKED
  • Debugging->General->Require source files to exactly match the original version: UNCHECKED

Also set the web.config parameter loadPdb=“true”
Is this an issue with needing VS2015? I’ve been trying with VS2017.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I managed to get the debugging to work on E10.2.200.4 with VS 2017.

Make sure the WPW3 process is the correct one.

Thanks Toby, but still no luck.
Tried:

• Restart IIS
  • Restart the App Server
  • Rebuild the BPMs. See the new revision folder created and made sure they were the files I opened
  • Double checked the process is the correct one by using appcmd
  • Tried adding the Server\Assemblies to the Symbol File locations in visual studio.
  • tried all the combinations for ‘Enable Just My Code’ and ‘Require source files to exactly match the original version’ in VS.

Sadly, none of these had any impact.

Any other ideas?

First make sure the BPM will actually hit first. I normally will put in a “Show Message” to confirm my BPM does run.

Also, check if there is any problem with the path in the web.config.

1. Drag the BPM source files into VS.
  2. Attached the w3wp.exe process
  3. Wait for all the things to load up first.
  4. Find the source code that is your custom code and put a break point. Make sure that the break point is placed properly as sometimes you will get the message failed to bind. Place it on another line so that you get a solid red dot.

1. Then run the BPM and confirm that message box appear first then you know your code is going to run next.
    Hopefully this will work.

Attached are my settings in VS and the break point does hit.

VS2017 V15.8.5

Thanks for your help Toby.
It seems that VS shows the error with no symbols loaded until the piece of code has been reached while the debugger is running. I had done all the right things except for performing the action to call the method that I have the extension on.