Tasks getting stuck?

I would like to add that debugging like this on the client affects only the client. You wont cause any issues with other users or the system (unless you really try - and if you do, call me if you want some help to do that haha) - the reason I point this out is because when you start debugging on the server side that’s a horse of different color. Breakpoints on the server - break EVERYONE haha

3 Likes

@Chris_Conn Sweet! Thanks so much, my colleague and I will try it out!

1 Like

@Chris_Conn The debug only works for form customization right? This is a data directive.

You can debug directives too but it’s a much different beast.

@Chris_Conn , makes sense. It seems this issue I am having has to do with the client side printing. I am not sure why it works for everyone else in the company, but not for this one person.

@aidacra @Chris_Conn @josecgomez I have just found in the SysTaskParam table that the report is being printed with the printer name as “PDFCreator” for the user that is having issues. Everyone else has this parameter blank when they print.

Do any of you know where this parameter is getting its value from? This is not a report that you choose a printer for. It is set using code from this thread BPM Method on SSRS Email (print) a Sales Order? - #13 by knash - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum and the code referenced by @Randy above.

Delete any user personalizations (for this user) in this screen and see if it makes a difference. Maybe he has set some saved defaults or something weird.

1 Like

@josecgomez thanks for the quick reply, I have already purged the personalizations for this user.

It is just strange that this parameter field is being set to a different value than everyone else and it doesn’t matter what computer they are on. I can be on my computer logged in as her and the same value comes through. That printer isn’t even installed on my machine.

Just called Epicor and they told me to bring up the print prompt for the specific report (Order Acknowledgement) and then Actions>“Remove Defaults.” This worked!
Apparently these are stored whenever the report is printed for the user. removedefaults

2 Likes

That’s what I meant by saved defaults sorry I wasn’t more clear. Glad it is solved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a set scheduling task order ‘stuck’ as Active - since Midnight - How do I abort it?

You could stop and then start the task agent.

Agreed with @utaylor and if that doesn’t work. Support has helped us before with clearing the task when it was truly stuck back in 10.1.5xx if you happen to be on that version and hit the same issue.

Doesn’t that just restart the task again? - Is there a way to remove the task completely so it doesn’t restart?

It shouldn’t restart the task UNLESS the task is scheduled as continuous processing. Do you have the task scheduled in the system agent?

If you no longer wish to have it scheduled, you need to go to your system agent and find the schedule that it is assigned to.

You are correct - in cancelled and did not restart.

Thank you!

Since we upgraded to 10.2.200.11 over the weekend (from 10.2.400.19) we have had major problems with the task agent service - and when to try to stop it and restart it - it hangs - so I have to run task manager to end the service, restart the service, then go restart the agent. Support even had me recreate the task agent yesterday - doesn’t seem to have fixed the underlying issue. hmm? Any ideas? Anyone else having trouble?

Patty Richter

Able Die Casting

847-678-1992 ext. 28
847-224-5001 (cell)

parichter@ablediecasting.com

Do you know your support case number? The log that will tell us the most is the TaskAgent Windows event viewer log, and there are lots of reasons why it could be failing.

2 Likes

CS0001165580

Agent closed it yesterday once we recreated the task agent - however, last night scheduling set order - never completed/errored out - so today when I went to stop and start task agent - same thing happened.

I created a new case(CS0001169186), and assigned it to one of my dedicated happy helpers who will assist in requesting/gathering the data I need to assist.

3 Likes

Damn @parichter - Do you feel lucky getting some personally handled support from Nathan? #ImJealous

2 Likes