Supplier Check - Remit to Name/Address different from main address

Hello All,
Is there a way to create a supplier Remit to Name/Address different from supplier address, so checks can be sent to different name/address without creating purchasing point ? Thanks
Prasad

In supplier maintenance, go to the “Bank/Remit To” tab and enter a new Bank/Remit To.

When you invoice, you can select the remit to. In the case that there is only one, it will default to that. In the case that a Remit To is not set up, it uses the vendor’s address as you are experiencing.

Hi Utah,

Thank you for quick reply…

That is exactly what I did, but it is NOT working…, still printing vendor address (not from Bank/Remit To)

Is there a flag or company configuration that I’m missing…

Are you using the standard SSRS report?

You are correct…

No, we have custom SSRS report, must be hardcoded… what should be the correct technical field name ?

Vend bank address if I am not mistaken.

Utah Taylor

Business Intelligence Analyst

CheckHed table has supplier address details (VendBankName, VendBankAddress1, etc). Its populated at the time of Payment Entry. If the Vendor Bank details are changed later, it will not reflect.

1 Like

This is asking for bank information when I do this. I am only looking to change who and where I making check out to. Not ACH or wire. thanks.

1 Like

Read the application help on the remit to tab in supplier maintenance and maybe it’ll make more sense.

You’re not wrong, it is asking for bank info, but it’s also asking for remit to info… it just depends on what you’re trying to do. You’re not trying to enter bank info so ignore the banking info.

Hi. thank you for responding. It won’t let me ignore. It’s looking for the “new bank id”. My screen is grayed out until I do drop down box at “file” for “new bank/remit to”. I do that and I can’t bypass to just enter the name and address of who I want check made out to and sent to.

Keri, maybe you missed it when reading the application help.

go back and read what it says under Bank/Branch.

It clearly explains why that field is required and what to do if you want to disable that requirement so you can simply put in the name and address you want.

I urge you to do all this in a test environment cause truth be told I don’t recall if I ever ended up using this or not so I can’t confirm if this works as intended.

Keri, all good?

Hi. Just saw your comment about application help. I don’t think “help” is even available when I hit “help”. I am working on another angle. Have you ever been able to just change remit to at point of printing check?

So when you go to help → application help, nothing comes up?

No it did come up. It’s been a while since I have tried to fix this issue.

But I’m grayed out

What do you mean grayed out Keri?

You add a new RemitTo and fill it out accordingly, is there something wrong with that?

File > New Bank/Remit To

I don’t have a bank id configured or bank/branch configured for the system. Maybe that needs to be added? or is it possible that my company was originally set up for electronic payments configuration only for vendors?

Or is it possible that they didn’t even know about the checkbox in company configuration and just set it to true?

You’re going to have to ask them that Keri. Pretty sure you can just make a random bank ID called “other” and you’ll be fine, but again I’d check with your AP department and/or controller/CFO and ask.

Alternatively, if you don’t wish to validate bank IDs you can turn it off in company config as application help states and then you won’t have to fill it out.