Substituting a UOM at picking any suggestions

Looking for a bit of guidance here, and hopefully someone may be able to provide some suggestions.

Does anyone perform part substitution or UOM substitution at the time of picking? If so what is you process, if not then what process do you use to when the pickers cannot for-fill because of an out of stock situation or incorrect inventory values.

Simon

@Hally Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am also interested in manipulating the pick UOM.

Yes, we did have a customisation built for the handheld process by I’d (handheld if I remember) which allowed you to change the uom.

The other thing we looked into was using cross docking to identify the out of stocks and have a dashboard that a person could then work on to prepare the timber for the orders.

In an ideal situation the replenishment process es should be managing it, but it boils down to the velocity of orders, fulfillment and replenishment. At the time we were all trying to understand Epicor and what processes the business needed to change after 60 odd years of evolution.

I posted the original message in ,2018, only after working there for 2 months. That part of Epicor was pretty new to me, we went live in March 2020. There were a lot of challenges during the time.